ES feat. Nic Fanciulli & Reset Robot - Sat 13th June @ 02 Academy

AlBal

The underground end of the house/techno spectrum.

every friday and saturday night at lion's lair (3am till 6am) - electro, house, dance, some techno

its a gay bar - but loads of straight folk go, so don't let that put you off!

its a default destination for me if there's nowt else on.....

plug, dq, fez, penelopes, generally have something good on between them otherwise

every friday and saturday night at lion's lair (3am till 6am) - electro, house, dance, some techno

its a gay bar - but loads of straight folk go, so don't let that put you off!

its a default destination for me if there's nowt else on.....

plug, dq, fez, penelopes, generally have something good on between them otherwise

Lions Lair is great, we do Cargo there sometimes and the crowd are great.

I think on the whole the underground scene is fairly sparse in Sheffield but is probably more healthy for the more mainstream genres.

Generally the people in these threads that go on about the "scene" in Sheffield not being good are the ones that like minimal house / techno / deep house. But there is just not a demand for these genres. If you're into d&b, dubstep, electro etc there's loads of great nights like Tuesday Club, Club Pony etc which are all well attended, but they never get mentioned in these threads. I wouldnt call any of these nights particularly mainstream but they are doing very well. I guess a healthy scene is a varied one and Sheffield isn't as varied as some other cities mainly because the demand for certain styles of music just is not there.

I think the big problems are that there is a lack of venues and that there isn't a big defining sheffield night anymore. (thats not strictly true actually, Club Vibe is now the only night representing sheffield nationally that people will travel to sheffield for)

Generally the people in these threads that go on about the "scene" in Sheffield not being good are the ones that like minimal house / techno / deep house.

Yeah, thats exactly what I mean, I was talking about the scene in context of this particular thread. Should probably have clarified that.

I just find it a shame when the people who complain about a lack of scene hadly ever show up to nights that play the music they are supposed to like and groan about lack of.

How is a 'scene' supposed to build if the people who want it don't turn up.

Same old story really.

I just find it a shame when the people who complain about a lack of scene hadly ever show up to nights that play the music they are supposed to like and groan about lack of.

How is a 'scene' supposed to build if the people who want it don't turn up.

Same old story really.

Is that aimed at me Liam?

Is that aimed at me Liam?

With all due respect, I don't know who you are so no, it's not aimed at you.

In fact, it is not aimed at any specific person, it's just a generalised thing that has happened for years in every scene.

Hope that clarifies.

With all due respect, I don't know who you are so no, it's not aimed at you.

In fact, it is not aimed at any specific person, it's just a generalised thing that has happened for years in every scene.

Hope that clarifies.

Yeah, no worries at all, I know what you mean to be fair. It was posted right after my post so I thought you might have been talking to me.

Archived