ES feat. Nic Fanciulli & Reset Robot - Sat 13th June @ 02 Academy

AlBal

The night was a disaster. Me and a mate went down at about 12.45 and on arrival we could count the total number of people in there on both hands. We hung around for a while whilst deciding what to do and within 20 mins the lights came on and everyone was asked to leave. Fanciulli never didn’t play a record.

We asked the security staff about a refund along with everyone else but needless to say, those running the night were hiding in shame. The promoters should have pulled it knowing that it clashed with Sasha and they hadn’t sold any tickets.

I’d been looking forward to this for ages and it was a total non-event. It might take some persuading to get Fanciulli back to Sheffield after that and it’s clear Sheffield can’t accommodate two big names on the same night at the moment.

That's very strange as ES have a pretty loyal crowd. Would have thought they could have pulled at least a couple of hundred people for Fanciulli. Wonder how busy they plug was?

it was pretty rammed dude!

ironic cos sasha sucked :gag:

was very disappointed :(

What did those who went to see Sasha think then?

I can't believe there was nobody at ES for Fanciulli. What a monumental f*** up! The venue would have made for a really good night if it had been full. Last time I saw Fanciulli, he wiped the floor with Zabiela and the Plump DJs (at the Warehouse Project).

That's very strange as ES have a pretty loyal crowd. Would have thought they could have pulled at least a couple of hundred people for Fanciulli. Wonder how busy they plug was?

Yeah, I thought ES have quite a loyal crowd and if I'd had to guess I would have thought Plug would lose out. Either way, surely someone along the line should have realised that putting two big names on the same night outside termtime (I think) was a disaster waiting to happen.

What was the problem with Sasha? Music, atmosphere or something else?

music and atmosphere were great....

especially the lasers!!

but his music didn't have any passion and it was difficult to dance to what he played

just waiting...and waiting...for something good

perhaps i just expected too much from him :)

Archived