ES feat. Nic Fanciulli & Reset Robot - Sat 13th June @ 02 Academy

AlBal

just waiting...and waiting...for something good

perhaps i just expected too much from him :)

I popped into the main room to see Sasha when at the Tribal Weekender and I got the same impression - packed dancefloor standing around chatting whilst a 10min breakdown took place. I'm sure the trainspotters loved it though. :rolleyes:

I'd thought about getting one of these as I travel a lot with work and thought it might be a fun way to carry all my music around with me. Is it any good?

yeah - loads of fun, quite fiddly though and in theory, you could play out with it but its more of a gadget for having a bit of fun.

I popped into the main room to see Sasha when at the Tribal Weekender and I got the same impression - packed dancefloor standing around chatting whilst a 10min breakdown took place. I'm sure the trainspotters loved it though. :rolleyes:

You mean you weren't 'avvin it'?

I have heard one Sarsha set from the last twelve months and it was horrid. Enough to put me off until someone can do a good job of convincing me otherwise. Sounded like a poor trance set.

You mean you weren't 'avvin it'?

I have heard one Sarsha set from the last twelve months and it was horrid. Enough to put me off until someone can do a good job of convincing me otherwise. Sounded like a poor trance set.

I thought Sasha played a pretty good set at UG last year. However I don't think it warranted the amount of money I had to pay him and this was a major factor (among many!) in me giving up UG.

I thought Sasha played a pretty good set at UG last year. However I don't think it warranted the amount of money I had to pay him and this was a major factor (among many!) in me giving up UG.

I've got a three hour mix he did from Malta last year and it's shocking. Don't get me wrong, it's flawless in it's execution but it goes absolutely nowhere and he inists on looping some of the cheesiest perfecto style acapellas, not my cup of tea. However, he is an absolute legend and no one can question what he's done for underground dance music. I personally think he's flogging a dead horse though. If you compare him to say Andy Weatherall or Eddie Richards, both who have been around for the same amount of time, they blow him out of the water.

Yes, his fees are ridiculous and you must have had some balls to book him for that bank holiday spectacular. It scared me shelling out £1500 for a DJ, never mind over ten grand.

I think its relatively sad that one of the UK’s biggest cities can’t accommodate having two big DJs on the same night, regardless of whether its term time or not…

Fair enough it probably wasn’t the wisest decision booking a £3k dj when the majority of your target audience aren’t in the city on the night… but you would think that there would be enough electronic music lovers left in the Steel City to at least make it seem busy enough at ES for Nic to actually want to stay and play, instead of refusing and going down to Plug to see Sasha…

I can’t really talk considering I didn’t attend either night, but its just a shame that, like someone had already mentioned, it will be hard to convince Nic to come back and play again…

I think its relatively sad that one of the UK’s biggest cities can’t accommodate having two big DJs on the same night, regardless of whether its term time or not…

Fair enough it probably wasn’t the wisest decision booking a £3k dj when the majority of your target audience aren’t in the city on the night… but you would think that there would be enough electronic music lovers left in the Steel City to at least make it seem busy enough at ES for Nic to actually want to stay and play, instead of refusing and going down to Plug to see Sasha…

I can’t really talk considering I didn’t attend either night, but its just a shame that, like someone had already mentioned, it will be hard to convince Nic to come back and play again…

I think it's going to become more and more difficult to get big DJ's to play in Sheffield given the number of disasters there have been over the past few years due to lack of punters or bad club management. In my opinion the scene needs to be built from the bottom up again, starting in the underground with nights like Fragment, Cargo and Diasha which book good DJ's but not massive names which will lose them money if the night fails.

I think it's going to become more and more difficult to get big DJ's to play in Sheffield given the number of disasters there have been over the past few years due to lack of punters or bad club management. In my opinion the scene needs to be built from the bottom up again, starting in the underground with nights like Fragment, Cargo and Diasha which book good DJ's but not massive names which will lose them money if the night fails.

People have been trying to build the scene from the 'bottom up' as you say for the past few years, ever since the big nights like Bed, Gatecrasher, Scuba and Pin Up Club disappeared. UG continued valiantly for a while, but even they succumbed to the disillusion and fickle Sheffield crowd. Unfortunately it seems that there just isn't a market out there for it. Small nights like Diasha and Fragment have built up a loyal following, but they'll never become so called 'big' nights, which maybe isn't a bad thing. Certain promoters and DJ's keep plugging away to keep the scene alive, but there isn't much support out there.

Archived