Speedwatch

That'd be like the one near me that triggers at 26 mph then, meaning that clueless numpties then clam the anchors on and nearly have people pile into the back of them, and people into them etc...

Obviously traveling too close to the car in front then

Are you serious?

How many people have been prosecuted under the charge of dangerous driving for being 1mph over the limit?

If you were charged with doing 36 in a 30, your speedo would have been reading 40. So what speed where you doing when you decided to slow down?

Seems odd that you were aware 'of stationary vehicles, people on the pavements, children and dogs (potentially running out on to the road)., being too close,' even spotted that the big white camera van appeared to be hidden. Then of all the things you didn't notice until the last minute was the sign saying 30 and your speedo saying 40.

Precisely - ludicrous. But, if you apply the law in it's truest sense, doing 31 mph in a 30 zone IS breaking the law.

However, my issue with certain shefoold forumers is that they appear to defining anyone who drives beyond the legal speed limit (i.e. 31mph+ in a 30 zone) as a serious danger on the roads.

In fact, such people are, in this shefoolers minds, not better than a person who moslests and rapes young children hence the 'clever' label this person has given such speeding offenders.

As you so succinctly put it -

Is he/she/it being serious?

Sadly, I honestly think they are.

Oh well.

Yes there are. I've not denied that.

But that doesn't make every instance of speeding dangerous

Personally, I'd save you time.

Xranus has obviously been 'touched' by a speeding driver and, to that end, emotions dictate that he/she is totally unyielding in the belief that ANY speed is speeding - speed limits are insignificant.

If you drive, forwards or backwards, you do so at a velocity greater than at rest, ipso facto, you have to speed thus, you are speeding.

I have tried to get him/her to answer why 36 mph in a 30 zone is, in his/her mind, seriously dangerous, while 36 mph in a 40 zone is 'safe' (when the speed zone covers a stretch of road that, effectievly does not alter.

He/she cannot answer that - has not answered that - because to do so would either undermine his/her stance or highlight how ludicrous his/her stance is.

Most speedophiles oppose speed enforcement because it interferes with their infantile lust for speed, although they are rarely open about this, preferring to use weak arguments and silly statements about speed in some way not being related to safety on the roads.

In the end, the laws of physics are pretty hard to escape. The faster you go the less time you have to react, the more energy you have to dissipate in order to stop and consequently the accident will be more serious than it need to have been.

Small child, crushed by car that rolled backwards a few feet because handbrake did not engage properly.

Car 'rolled' = velocity greater than at rest = 'speeding'.

Tragic, is mother a 'speedophile'?

Does doing 31mph in a 30 zone mean the driver is a 'speedophile'?

In fact, such people are, in this shefoolers minds, not better than a person who moslests and rapes young children hence the 'clever' label this person has given such speeding offenders.

You seem to be going over the top a bit, and making personal insults against others who don't agree with your point of view. Is that the level your argument in defence has stooped to?

You seem to be going over the top a bit, and making personal insults against others who don't agree with your point of view. Is that the level your argument in defence has stooped to?

Over the top!

Sure, I mean, the forummer in question assumes that someone who speeds should be labelled a 'speedophile' - do you not see the similarity to paedophile?

I have been caught 'speeding' 3 times in 25 years of driving, infact if you take into account the miles I have driven approximately 70 years worth of average mileage. The offences I have been caught doing were ALL exceeding the 30 mph speed limit, by between 4 to 7 mph.

I do not class this as 'dangerous' driving, yet the person who labels ALL drives who speed as 'speedophiles' deems that I am dangerous because of this.

So, if anyone has insulted anyone, it is the person who seeks to label speeding drivers with a tag too similar to be a coincidence with that tag given to people who molest and rape young children.

Otherwise, the label would be 'speed freak'.

If you went 4, 6 or 7 miles over the limit would you like to be called a 'speedophile'?

I think not and, as parent of 3 children myself, I am deeply insulted by the forumer who sees it perfectly reasonable to do just that.

In much the same way as his/her label was meant to offend (with no remorse or apology), I reciprocated.

Personally, I'd save you time.

Xranus has obviously been 'touched' by a speeding driver and, to that end, emotions dictate that he/she is totally unyielding in the belief that ANY speed is speeding - speed limits are insignificant.

If you drive, forwards or backwards, you do so at a velocity greater than at rest, ipso facto, you have to speed thus, you are speeding.

I have tried to get him/her to answer why 36 mph in a 30 zone is, in his/her mind, seriously dangerous, while 36 mph in a 40 zone is 'safe' (when the speed zone covers a stretch of road that, effectievly does not alter.

He/she cannot answer that - has not answered that - because to do so would either undermine his/her stance or highlight how ludicrous his/her stance is.

Because if you speed at 36mph instead of the legal 30mph you are more likely to have a more serious road accident, however it is caused, than you would have had if you had been driving at the legal speed. The speed limit shown on the sign is the absolute maximum speed that you are legally allowed to travel at in perfect road conditions with good daytime visibilty. Good ,safe,drivers would keep well within that limit at any time, say 27mph, and reduce their speed accordingly if road conditions weren't perfect.

Happy now? :huh:

Over the top!

Sure, I mean, the forummer in question assumes that someone who speeds should be labelled a 'speedophile' - do you not see the similarity to paedophile?

I have been caught 'speeding' 3 times in 25 years of driving, infact if you take into account the miles I have driven approximately 70 years worth of average mileage. The offences I have been caught doing were ALL exceeding the 30 mph speed limit, by between 4 to 7 mph.

I do not class this as 'dangerous' driving, yet the person who labels ALL drives who speed as 'speedophiles' deems that I am dangerous because of this.

So, if anyone has insulted anyone, it is the person who seeks to label speeding drivers with a tag too similar to be a coincidence with that tag given to people who molest and rape young children.

If you went 4, 6 or 7 miles over the limit would you like to be called a 'speedophile'?

I think not and, as parent of 3 children myself, I am deeply insulted by the forumer who sees it perfectly reasonable to do just that.

In much the same way as his/her label was meant to offend (with no remorse or apology), I reciprocated.

The law doesn't class it as dangerous driving. You were charged with exceeding the speed limit, dangerous driving is a different offence.

If anything it could be argued you were driving without due care and attention. If you were detected at 37 your speedo would be showing over 40. That along with the sign saying 30 gives a clue.

Over the top!

'Speedophile' is a term that has been around for quite long time now.

And you fit the descrition perfectly .

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Speedophile

Archived