Speedwatch

Jensen Button-Life imprisonment !

All Isle of man TT riders - Off with their heads!

The Stig - Hang drawing and quartering

Ambulance drivers - Lethal injection and ambulances crushed!

All of the above have a blatant disregard for the laws of the road and have no excuses! They have on many occasion been seen "speedophiling" on public roads with total disregard to their own safety! Such idiotic speeds deserve- Nay ! ..demand the perpetrators should permanently be forcibly removed from this mortal coil. They are complete imbeciles who get a kick by flagrantly disregard the law. Well they do in mr Anus's blinkered little life! :hihi:

FOR SALE - Brain transplant vouchers

Sorry Alco, but your posts are becoming more and more irrational, immature and childish so I can't really be bothered to reply to them.

Thankfully, the police and the courts take in to account statistics, that indicate that speed is the major factor in road fatalities in a very small percentage (I think something like 5% of road deaths can be attributed to excessive speed).

Xranus is of the opinion that, if you drive a car at ANY speed over the speed limit (i.e. 31mph in a 30 zone) you are a danger and should be punished far mor severely than mere points and miniscule fine.

By ignoring any other factors in road accidents, be they fatal or otherwise, is taking a very simplistic and ignorant view.

It's almost like saying, if speeding (any speed over the speed limit) were eradicated by some means or other, road accidents and road deaths would never happen.

Jeremy. I keep repeating this but you still twist it around - The seriousness of all road accidents, however they are caused, determines on the speed of the vehicle/s involved on their seriousness.

No-one is saying that all road accidents are caused by speed because they obviously aren't and I haven't said that.

It didn't. Anyone who travels at 120mph must be a lunatic!

Unless of course they are in Germany, where they could do so and be a 100%law-abiding citizen. How many other things are 'lunacy' in one long-time EU state, yet perfectly legal in another?

And anyway, you continue to miss the point. Doing 120 mph could very easily be far safer than doing 25 in a 30 or 65 on a motorway.

Daftlad. If you have, as you have told us, passed your advanced driving test then you should know that speeding, however a road accident is caused,determines the seriousness of that accident. If you are driving (dare I say speeding) at 40 mph in a 30mph limit then you are totally irresponsible and if involved in an accident the seriousness and end result of that accident is quite likely to be far more severe than if you had been driving legally and more safely at the correct speed for that road. Just because you assume that it is safe to speed on a quiet road and assume that there are no other road users does not mean that it is safe to do so.

I do not assume that the road the safe to speed on, I look at the road, if there any obstructions, if there adverse weather conditions, if there are people about, before i speed. the person that took me for the advanced test is a police driving instructor so i would think I know when and when not is safe to speed

I do not assume that the road the safe to speed on, I look at the road, if there any obstructions, if there adverse weather conditions, if there are people about, before i speed. the person that took me for the advanced test is a police driving instructor so i would think I know when and when not is safe to speed

Funny, I had one of them for advanced training too. He told me off for 'dawdling' at 75mph as he said I wasn't 'reading the motorway' correctly and insisted I got it up to 85mph. This was maybe 12 years ago.

We must have just had the two lunatic ones :thumbsup:

If that police driving instructor told you to speed then he is being very irresponsible. Telling you to commit a road traffic offence - I don't think so!

So if (or when) you are pulled up for speeding by the police - will you tell them that one of their instructors told you it was alright to speed? Could lose him his job. :(

If that police driving instructor told you to speed then he is being very irresponsible. Telling you to commit a road traffic offence - I don't think so!

So if (or when) you are pulled up for speeding by the police - will you tell them that one of their instructors told you it was alright to speed? Could lose him his job. :(

Nowhere on my post did I say the instructor told me to speed. i suggest you read the post correctly before commenting on something you clearly know fxxk all about.

What I said was the police instructor took me for my advanced driving test.

Archived