Speedwatch

Well then we'll compromise and call it a mile (hardly out of the ordinary)

There is nothing coming the other way

My point is that Mr A's situation is far less likely to cause a death or serious injury

Yet legally one is well within the law, the other is well beyond it. Which goes to show that in the case of speeding, adherence to the law is often an unreliable barometer of safety

From what you have told us - both motorists are breaking the law.

Tut! Tut! Daft lad. Never swear on a forum - you could get banned.

Unfortunately it is a fact that when people are losing an argument they start swearing at the opposition. Perhaps they think that they are scoring points - which obviously they are not - it just shows a lack of intelligence.

Bit daft really.:)

Regarding you being tested every 5 years Daft Lad - I think that you should start taking an annual test instead because you obviously aren't learning much at present.

Go on then anus, oh wise one, when did you pass a driving test, you obviously know more than i do-not. Like I said i passed in 1981, nil points on my licence, passed an advanced in 2000 and did another in 2005, pray tell me your driving experience

Come on Anus you are slow with a reply-and another thing, I passed my test in 1981 and have 0 points on my licence.

Iwill also say another thing, can you imagine the queue of traffic in this country if everyone drove to the speed limit.

Also have you never broken the speed limit limit-because i find it hard to believe it if you have not, or maybe you dont have a car at all, just slagging off those that do

You are very lucky not to have any points on your licence if you drive illegally by speeding every time you get in your car.

Can you imagine the queues of traffic in this country because of the carnage caused by road accidents that could have quite possibly been avoided or made less serious if drivers had not been speeding.

Yep. Got done for speeding years ago. Twice by cops. Once by a camera. Very foolish of me. I deserved my punishment. I have matured a bit since then and realise that speeding is dangerous. Never again.

Not really. What are you going to charge Mr B with?

Speeding! - 25mph in a 20 mph limit. The speed limit is there for a reason - safety of the kids. If Mr B says he didn't see the sign then he could get done for driving without due care and attention too.

Go on then anus, oh wise one, when did you pass a driving test, you obviously know more than i do-not. Like I said i passed in 1981, nil points on my licence, passed an advanced in 2000 and did another in 2005, pray tell me your driving experience

Lets just say its far more than yours. ;)

Speeding! - 25mph in a 20 mph limit. The speed limit is there for a reason - safety of the kids. If Mr B says he didn't see the sign then he could get done for driving without due care and attention too.

I said it should be a 20 limit

Perhaps I should have specified that it's a 30, but I thought the context made that clear

You are very lucky not to have any points on your licence if you drive illegally by speeding every time you get in your car.

Can you imagine the queues of traffic in this country because of the carnage caused by road accidents that could have quite possibly been avoided or made less serious if drivers had not been speeding.

Yep. Got done for speeding years ago. Twice by cops. Once by a camera. Very foolish of me. I deserved my punishment. I have matured a bit since then and realise that speeding is dangerous. Never again.

Anus-I did not say i speed everytime I get in my car, only speed in the right conditions and in good visiblity. My offer is still open if you want to see an advanced driver, because there is a lot more than judging speed to being an advanced driver. I will also state that the highway code stopping distances at the back of the book is wrong. The distances at the back of the book which is still used for passing your driving test is well out of date as modern cars can stop in probably half the distance shown on the back of the highway code

On a front-wheel-drive car? You sure he'd lose control?

Stopping distances were devised many years ago, have you experienced how quickly a new car stops?

Not quick enough judging by all the ones involved in RTA's

And anyway, even if he did lose control, he's only risked his own life

Unless he hit someone else. Its ridiculous to say that you can see 1.5 miles in front of you. You can't.

And finally, even taking that into account, it's less likely to cause an accident of any magnitude than MR B, which was my whole point

You are only assuming that.

I said it should be a 20 limit

Perhaps I should have specified that it's a 30, but I thought the context made that clear

You assumed again pem.:)

Ok. So Mr B isn't breaking the law. :rolleyes: but Mr A is.:rolleyes:

So who is most likely to have an accident and why? You tell me.:)

Archived