Speedwatch

Anus-I did not say i speed everytime I get in my car, only speed in the right conditions and in good visiblity. My offer is still open if you want to see an advanced driver, because there is a lot more than judging speed to being an advanced driver. I will also state that the highway code stopping distances at the back of the book is wrong. The distances at the back of the book which is still used for passing your driving test is well out of date as modern cars can stop in probably half the distance shown on the back of the highway code

Whether you are an advanced driver or not - you still don't break the law by speeding.

The breaking distance for any car is also determined by the reaction of its driver. Some drivers react quicker than others. It is the human element that determines stopping distances too.

You assumed again pem.:)

Ok. So Mr B isn't breaking the law. :rolleyes: but Mr A is.:rolleyes:

So who is most likely to have an accident and why? You tell me.:)

Mr B. It's clear to all but a fool.

But as you'll ask, i'll explain. He's in very close proximity to the most unpredictable of pedestrians (kids) in poor weather. The other fella isn't. Simple

You are only assuming that.

Can you not do multi-quotes, so I can answer your points in relation to my own?

I met you part way with a visibility of one mile. This is very feasible, parts of the A61 into Chesterfield perhaps?

Mr A is clearly the less dangerous scenario. By maintaining this "who says?.. prove it" nonsense response to common sense statements that should need no explanation, you make yourself look the immature one, something you're so keen to label others with

Anus-I did not say i speed everytime I get in my car, only speed in the right conditions and in good visiblity. My offer is still open if you want to see an advanced driver, because there is a lot more than judging speed to being an advanced driver. I will also state that the highway code stopping distances at the back of the book is wrong. The distances at the back of the book which is still used for passing your driving test is well out of date as modern cars can stop in probably half the distance shown on the back of the highway code

"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

Dave Barry

Mr B. It's clear to all but a fool.

But as you'll ask, i'll explain. He's in very close proximity to the most unpredictable of pedestrians (kids) in poor weather. The other fella isn't. Simple

If Mr A is driving at 120mph then he breaking the law too! and at that speed could lose control. The slower you travel the less likely you will lose control of your vehicle. It's clear to all but a fool. ;)

"The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers."

Dave Barry

Especially if you are a speedophile. ;)

Dave Barry

And the average driver often overestimates the car's ability to stop in that he/she:

overstates the power of ABS technology and has not been trained to use it;

does not know what the tread on a tyre does;

does not know the HC figures in the first place and when told what they has no idea where 12, 23, ..., 73, 96 metres or whatever is;

does not link the fact that the majority of crashes take place in urban areas at the lower end of the speed limit range - any advantage gained from more effective brakes may only be marginal and this gain may also be lost because of a slower reaction (we are no quicker at braking than we used to be) because we are on the phone or just busy doing other pressing things whilst we drive;

ignores the fact that any advantage from the (laboratory guide) data given in the HC can also be lost when faced with non-standard road surface conditions (Sheffield's roads are hardly smooth), weather, leaves, gradient etc etc.

Jeremy. I keep repeating this but you still twist it around - The seriousness of all road accidents, however they are caused, determines on the speed of the vehicle/s involved on their seriousness.

No-one is saying that all road accidents are caused by speed because they obviously aren't and I haven't said that.

Have you not? Oh, I apologise, I thought your repetition indicated that you believed ALL accidents were as a result of speed or speeding.

Is it not? Then what is it?

Answer me this - 31 mph in a 30 zone - dangerous/wreckless or not?

Jeremy. I keep repeating this but you still twist it around - The seriousness of all road accidents, however they are caused, determines on the speed of the vehicle/s involved on their seriousness.

No-one is saying that all road accidents are caused by speed because they obviously aren't and I haven't said that.

Sorry, but at the risk of repeating myself - 3 year old child crushed by her mothers car rolling back due to the handbrake not engaging or being faulty. Rolled 3 or 4 feet (not sure how that equates to an mph value).

Speed?

:huh:

Archived