Speedwatch

Jeremy I could pick your long post to bits if I so wanted but I really think that I would be wasting my time. You are a speedophile through and through. You have brainwashed yourself into thinking that you are a good safe driver and therefore can drive faster than the legal speed limit. There are many drivers and m/c riders in cemetaries who thought exactly the same thing. You and your mates on here have come up with excuse after flimsy excuse to try and convince us your speeding/ unsafe/dangerous driving is okay.

It isn't.

No, you don't, do you.

Never mind. Maybe I used too many words. Maybe I overloaded your mind.

Don't fret - I'm sure, to you, it really doesn't matter.

I managed the number of words fine, thank you....I've just read it again to see if it helped.

I must say it didn't really, most of it sounded like excuses strangely combined with boasting.

I'm not fretting about it at all, like I said before I'm fascinated really. Its not very often someone is so passionate regarding their own ability when it appears they're average at best.

I managed the number of words fine, thank you....I've just read it again to see if it helped.

I must say it didn't really, most of it sounded like excuses strangely combined with boasting.

I'm not fretting about it at all, like I said before I'm fascinated really. Its not very often someone is so passionate regarding their own ability when it appears they're average at best.

Funny how, with the examples I gave (and the only examples I can provide for my dreadful driving over the years) the one of the things you say is that my 'observational skills appear to be shocking'.

I beat you walk up to people with white sticks and say 'you're not very observant, are you?' :hihi::loopy:

Anyway, you're brilliant so I'd better slip away in defeat.

By the way, one question, registered since 2004 yet 350+ posts only.

Nothing much to say? Or are you one of those that sits in the shadows and throws out the odd criticism?

To be honest, I'm not really bothered, just wondered why someone of your intellect and insight hasn't been too prolific in sharing it with the rest of us.

If Mr A is driving at 120mph then he breaking the law too! and at that speed could lose control. The slower you travel the less likely you will lose control of your vehicle. It's clear to all but a fool. ;)

Right and the circumstances don't come into this equation at all, no?

So a newly qualified driver, in a heap doing 65 in the rain is less likely to lose control than an experienced driver in a new car doing 75 in perfect weather?

I know you won't answer the obvious no, because you are afraid that that would be to admit that speed and danger aren't inextricably linked

See, you keep doing this. You accuse us, rather distastefully, of speedophillia. You use immature retorts and you avoid answering questions directly.

You reject any attempt at sensible debate on the issue with the one-size-fits-all excuse that "The slower you go, the less an accident will hurt" and yet you dismissed my suggestion that we all drive at 2mph as 'ridiculous' I think the word was?

Jeremy -stay with us. I want to go through the alphabet with you. Mr A, B and all that stuff - it's interesting to find out how the minds of speedophiles work and it gives me a good laugh when I read all the lame and weird excuses they come out with for their lust for speed. :lol:

A particularly juvenile response to my perfectly reasonable use of analogy. It's interesting to find out how the minds of the truly perfect work....

Funny how, with the examples I gave (and the only examples I can provide for my dreadful driving over the years) the one of the things you say is that my 'observational skills appear to be shocking'.

I beat you walk up to people with white sticks and say 'you're not very observant, are you?' :hihi::loopy:

Anyway, you're brilliant so I'd better slip away in defeat.

By the way, one question, registered since 2004 yet 350+ posts only.

Nothing much to say? Or are you one of those that sits in the shadows and throws out the odd criticism?

To be honest, I'm not really bothered, just wondered why someone of your intellect and insight hasn't been too prolific in sharing it with the rest of us.

I thought it was pretty obvious, after all you gave the examples yourself. You just don't seem very observant, the 'blind spot', frosty road, rolling back and 3 speeding tickets. I've no problem with that, after all it's your business.

The thing is you're using your driving record on here as some high level of achievement.

It isn't very good though, is it?

Thanks for pointing out my post count. I hadn't really thought about it before, but I'll keep an eye on it in the future. However, there is a saying 'Quality not Quantity', but I guess you'll know that having done 70 years worth of motoring.

PS

You lost me again on the 'people with white sticks' comment, was it sarcasm?

I thought it was pretty obvious, after all you gave the examples yourself. You just don't seem very observant, the 'blind spot', frosty road, rolling back and 3 speeding tickets. I've no problem with that, after all it's your business.

The thing is you're using your driving record on here as some high level of achievement.

It isn't very good though, is it?

Err... I think it's ok. He told us his level of mileage in relation to the years he's held a licence. I think it sounds pretty fair.

I suggest that the 'perfect' people try doing a repping or similar job, where they have to be in places such as Liverpool, Peterborough, Newcastle etc for 9am each and every day.

Do this for 10 years and then tell us that you have had no incidents, no speed indiscretions and always maintained perfect concentration and awareness for every one of those hundreds of thousands of miles :thumbsup:

Archived