Speedwatch

You lost me again on the 'people with white sticks' comment, was it sarcasm?

I'll send you a map.

As foir my driving record - yep, I think it stands up to reasonable scrutiny and anyone, other than you (who has reached an area of assumption somewhere North of 'my mind's made up') would attest to it being, when all factors are taken in to account, pretty good.

Can you say, in all honesty, that you have never, ever driven over the speed limit on any given road since you passed your driving test?

If you can, I'll write a letter to the Pope suggesting you for cannonisation.

Anyway, in truth, you're boring me.

Sorry Xranus, I can only talk to an immovable object so long before boredom sets in. I think you'll have to look elsewhere for your humour. A mirror, maybe. (Ouch! Uncalled for - he's only trying to be stubborn).

The facts do not bare out your argument, but since when have facts (that counter an opinion) ever been taken in to account. Best choose those 'facts' that suit.

So, yep, all speed kills. Ban cars, it's the only answer.And buses and lorries and vans.

No more road accidents and no need for you and your crusade. I guess next you'll turn on irresponsible pedestrians or maybe mothers with prams - boy, when one of them catches your ankle it really smarts!

Bye now and tata Snailboy - good name; anything to do with your driving style?

I'll send you a map.

As foir my driving record - yep, I think it stands up to reasonable scrutiny and anyone, other than you (who has reached an area of assumption somewhere North of 'my mind's made up') would attest to it being, when all factors are taken in to account, pretty good.

Can you say, in all honesty, that you have never, ever driven over the speed limit on any given road since you passed your driving test?

If you can, I'll write a letter to the Pope suggesting you for cannonisation.

Anyway, in truth, you're boring me.

So, pretty good = 3 speeding offences, plus the 3 knocks

So what would average be?

Err... I think it's ok. He told us his level of mileage in relation to the years he's held a licence. I think it sounds pretty fair.

I suggest that the 'perfect' people try doing a repping or similar job, where they have to be in places such as Liverpool, Peterborough, Newcastle etc for 9am each and every day.

Do this for 10 years and then tell us that you have had no incidents, no speed indiscretions and always maintained perfect concentration and awareness for every one of those hundreds of thousands of miles :thumbsup:

So in essence then, the more you do something the worse you get?

What happened to practice makes perfect?

So, pretty good = 3 speeding offences, plus the 3 knocks

So what would average be?

Over approximately 70 years worth of average annual mileage. Don't leave that pretty important fact out (or you might just distort the outcome and we wouldn't want that, would we).

As for the average over that same period of time (in miles driven terms), I have no idea, but statistically (and I know you and the other righteous one don't go much on stats, except those that corroborate your views), with the number of miles per annum that I do, the accident rate and instances of speeding fines should be considerably higher.

Simple logic, really. The more time you spend on the road the higher the likelihood of having an accident, especially if you are a wreckless, dangerous driver.

So in essence then, the more you do something the worse you get?

What happened to practice makes perfect?

Er, no. If s driver is wreckless and dangerous and spends significantly more time on the road than the 'average mileage driver' then the likelihood of instances of law breaking and causing accidents is significantly higher.

Surely, for a brain liek yours, you can see that.

Or are your observational skills a little suspect? ;)

Over approximately 70 years worth of average annual mileage. Don't leave that pretty important fact out (or you might just distort the outcome and we wouldn't want that, would we).

As for the average over that same period of time (in miles driven terms), I have no idea, but statistically (and I know you and the other righteous one don't go much on stats, except those that corroborate your views), with the number of miles per annum that I do, the accident rate and instances of speeding fines should be considerably higher.

Simple logic, really. The more time you spend on the road the higher the likelihood of having an accident, especially if you are a wreckless, dangerous driver.

Lets do the maths then. I'm guessing the 70 years = 840000 miles

840000/6 (speeding and other incidents) = 1 incident on average every 140000 miles

So if by chance there were no speeding fines, then = 1 incident on average every 280000 miles

So not speeding = better driver?

Lets do the maths then. I'm guessing the 70 years = 840000 miles

840000/6 (speeding and other incidents) = 1 incident on average every 140000 miles

So if by chance there were no speeding fines, then = 1 incident on average every 280000 miles

You have proved how dreadful a record I have. Well done! ;-)

If you want to put it another way - 1 incident every 11 years and 6 months of average annual mileage (being 12,000 approximately per year).

Does that make my driving record bad?

You did the math and you proved yourself wrong.

Now, skew the figures to prove me wrong and you right.

If you want to put it another way - 1 incident every 11 years and 6 months of average annual mileage (being 12,000 approximately per year).

Lol..in all your excitment you've missed my point

Read the last line

Archived