Speedwatch

Thankyou Mr Alco -bloq.

I wonder if Jeremy gets so wound up when he is driving/speeding as he does on this forum.

Road rage?

Nope - but when you have witnessed the kind of senseless, moronic driving that I have over the years, to be labelled a bad or dangerous driver by a fool like you gets my goat.

Question - 35 in 30 = dangerous. yes?

So, what is 35 in a 40 (that happens to be half a mile further along the same stretch of road?

Is it driving beyond the speed limit on a given stretch of road that denotes you as a dangerous driver or just driving at any speed greater than, say, 20 mph?

That's all of us, then.

Apart from you, eh?

Ha, oh, ha ha!

You're boring me now.

Why don't you go on a speed awareness course. It may teach you how to drive properly and safely, which, if you have been speeding for all those years, you haven't been.

Thank your lucky stars that your lust for speed hasn't caused you to have an accident or caused an accident that was made worse because your reactions weren't fast enough for the speed that you were travelling at. Think yourself very lucky that you haven't killed yourself or anyone else yet because of your refusal to comply with speed restriction signs or the law.

Why don't you go on a speed awareness course. It may teach you how to drive properly and safely, which, if you have been speeding for all those years, you haven't been.

Thank your lucky stars that your lust for speed hasn't caused you to have an accident or caused an accident that was made worse because your reactions weren't fast enough for the speed that you were travelling at. Think yourself very lucky that you haven't killed yourself or anyone else yet because of your refusal to comply with speed restriction signs or the law.

I don't need a speed awareness test.

If someone driving at 36 mph is dangerous then whether it is done in a 30 zone or a 40 zone or a 50 zone or whatever makes no difference.

Unless you say that doing 36 in a 30 makes you a dangerous driver, but if you're doing 36 in a 40 you're 100% responsible.

Are you saying that?

If someone driving at 36 mph is dangerous then whether it is done in a 30 zone or a 40 zone or a 50 zone or whatever makes no difference.

Unless you say that doing 36 in a 30 makes you a dangerous driver, but if you're doing 36 in a 40 you're 100% responsible.

If the speed limits are correctly set for all roads, then that would be exactly correct.

They palpably are not, in some cases; but that's an argument for changing the speed limits on roads. It is no argument at all for being allowed to disregard the law.

Hopefully the speed limits on a lot of rural roads and country lanes are soon to be revised. Some of these don't even have footpaths or are very narrow and it is really absurd that the maximum speed limit on these is 60mph.

Of course you always get the speedophiles who, if they see a speed sign saying 60mph, then regardless of road conditions whatever have to drive at that speed and nothing less. Most times it is more.

What some individuals don't seem to grasp is that speed restriction signs show the absolute maximum speed that is permissible in perfect conditions. What they don't seem to understand is that they should drive accordingly to road and weather conditions. If it's pouring down with rain or dark then you should reduce your speed to allow for this.

There are always morons who think that the Highway Code and law doesn't apply to them.They think that they are above all that. It is these idiots who spoil driving for everyone else. If it wasn't for them then there would be no need for speed cameras and other road safety measures. It is because of them that driving is no longer a pleasure for a lot of people - just an ordeal.

I can see why you call yourself Alco.bloq.[/QUOT

Xr Anus- I bow to your superior intellect ! Shame you couldn't spell my name correctly... let's hope you pay more attention to your driving skills than your reading skills ! Maybe this is due to the fact your eyesight is failing you .... never mind I'm sure it would be possible to have road signs produced in braille !

It' patently obvious that your copious knowledge of all things "driving" are far too secretive to divulge on this thread (I'm guessing CIA or MI5 - maybe, God forbid "Men in Black")

I for one prosrate myself at your feet in awe of your innate wisdom ! On the other hand maybe you should just take your head out of your Xr anus !

(Oops ... sorry ! Spelt your name incorrectly too!) :wave:

FOR SALE - brain scanner. Hardly used

Mr Anus- once again your reading skills are sadly letting you down !

A simple "click" on the "speed awareness" site will show you that the course is merely a scheme to prevent being "awarded" 3 points on your license and merely a source of extra revenue to the appropriate authorities (around £100) Therefore (and I'm trying to lower myself to your way of thinking here)

it negates points on your license and keeps a dangerous criminal on the Queens highway. This, I might add is only available for people who have committed minor speed infringements.

I would have thought with your sage like knowledge you would have realised this and to your way of thinking the course should be dropped immediately!

:thumbsup:

FOR SALE - reading glasses

Obviously I already knew that Alco.

Speed awareness courses should be made compulsory for anyone caught speeding and the 3 points should still remain on their licences. Minor speed infrinements are still life threatening and should be treated far more seriously by the courts.

Too many people (Xranus being a good example) have been conditioned into believing this dumbed-down idea that speeding is lethally dangerous with no mitigating circumstances or seriousness scale applicable whatsoever. My personal belief is that this mentality has been propagated and encouraged to justify the camera schemes.

Now you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out that in certain circumstances it's very dangerous to drive at speed and in others it's perfectly safe.

It isn't like other offences in that it has graduations of seriousness in the eyes of anyone with their own mind. These can range from not registering on the scale to deadly madness.

Archived