charles bronson aka Michael Gordon Peterson

He's been released on 2 occasions but each time went straight back to crime and soon returned to prison.

Really so he wasn't a violent man before he was 1st sentenced? You have evidence of his previous peaceful nature do you?

If as you claim the prison service is to blame then how come the vast majority of prisoners don't have to be treated like Peterson?

go back to the days of the maze prison in northern ireland,the comission for human rights had to stop the british government from ill treating i r a prisoners ,they were given life but later released under the good friday agreement,it served a political purpose for our government to release them and some were far mor dangerous to the community than bronson

go back to the days of the maze prison in northern ireland,the comission for human rights had to stop the british government from ill treating i r a prisoners ,they were given life but later released under the good friday agreement,it served a political purpose for our government to release them and some were far mor dangerous to the community than bronson

Seeing as violence in Northern Ireland has decreased thanks to the peace process which the release of terrorists on both sides was an essential (if most unpleasant) part of it would seem those prisoners were more dangerous in than out. Peterson on the other hand...

Seeing as violence in Northern Ireland has decreased thanks to the peace process which the release of terrorists on both sides was an essential (if most unpleasant) part of it would seem those prisoners were more dangerous in than out. Peterson on the other hand...
what about mad dog who started straight out on release with violent crime and attempted murder and the real ira left a culvert bomb close to the border only a few weeks ago,just because some havent been caught yet doesnt mean they are not up to some criminal activity,thats the reason the close recon unit were posted there that resulted in the deaths of two young soldiers a few months back outside the army barracks in belfast

what about mad dog who started straight out on release with violent crime and attempted murder and the real ira left a culvert bomb close to the border only a few weeks ago,just because some havent been caught yet doesnt mean they are not up to some criminal activity,thats the reason the close recon unit were posted there that resulted in the deaths of two young soldiers a few months back outside the army barracks in belfast

Many of those released always had their feet firmly planted in crime and the terrorist crap was simply another aspect of their criminality.

Many of those released have reverted back to type as violent drug dealing protection racket thugs running their neighborhoods with fear. They are still the same violent criminals, its just that they are now a less newsworthy type of violent criminal.

I didn't say Northern Ireland was perfectly peaceful I said violence has decreased and it has. I hate the idea of murderous thugs going free and seeing those who commanded them in positions of political power but on balance allowing those unpleasant developments does seem to have significantly reduced violence in Northern Ireland.

I didn't say Northern Ireland was perfectly peaceful I said violence has decreased and it has. I hate the idea of murderous thugs going free and seeing those who commanded them in positions of political power but on balance allowing those unpleasant developments does seem to have significantly reduced violence in Northern Ireland.
have you considered there could be a d notice on the press in n/i then it would look as if the governments peace agreement was really working

have you considered there could be a d notice on the press in n/i then it would look as if the governments peace agreement was really working

It would have to be one hell of a D Notice to get the foreign and domestic media to cover up large scale sectarian violence for over a decade.

Repeatedly attacking people and taking hostages whenever you get the chance as Peterson seems to however are acts "of a wild insane criminal"

I dont think you understand the prison system and how it works,when somebody like Bronson comes along,somebody who will not kow tow sheeplike....forget it its pointless explaining