sheffield to newquay or torquay

tia1803

hi all

i need some help and advise please

i am trying to book a coach trip for someone and am not sure which is the better place....newquay or torquay????

and also who is the best to try for trips for about 5 days coaching from sheffield for the end of june??

Newquay is very much a party town, you cant move for hen parties and lads on the razzle.....its very noisy and very much an 18 to 25 yr old resort at the moment, unless you look at the outer suburbs...think british equivalent of Ibiza's San Antonio, although you will find the odd quiet bits and family areas too, but its mainly party town...

Torquay is far more gentle, and more mixed...yes its got 18 to 26 yr olds partying, but its far more 'gentile' and laid back, depends on the type of person who wants to go really and what they are looking for..think more deckchairs and pensioners and families but with a bit of life if you want it too.

In distance terms Torquay on a coach is about an hour shorter journey that Sheff to Neqwquay, but it depends on the route and stops....

Newquay even has an AIRPORT and Ryanair fly from there (I believe from London or Manchester), but I don't know how plentiful cheap seats will be and I wouldn't recommend Ryanair once they start charging for loos lol.

If you don't mind spending 8 hours or more on coaches, coach is the best value transport; I believe ther may be one or two direct ones from Sheffield daily in the Summer, otherwise change at Birmingham.

Archived