Looking for old friends in the Page Hall area

Its been years and years but I was looking to find Sarah Barlow, Leanne and Darren Carter, Richard Grundy who I used to be mates with way back in about 1980(ish) I left where I lived which was Hinde House Lane in 1982. It would be nice to hear from these people to see what they are up to these days. My name is Jill Rosso by the way.

• 2 years later...

I am indeed Richard Grundy. I used to live 2 doors up from Leanne and Darren, before they moved up the hill, across the road from the telephone exchange. I moved to Chapeltown in 1983, and left Owler Brook School then. There used to be a lad lived across the road called Paul I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Is Popple Street in Page Hall? Went to King Teds (1950's) with a John Bennett who lived on there. I've forgotten the name of the couple who lived, or may still live next door to him but I'll post it if I remember.

Is Popple Street in Page Hall? Went to King Teds (1950's) with a John Bennett who lived on there. I've forgotten the name of the couple who lived, or may still live next door to him but I'll post it if I remember.

Yes Popple Street was off Hinde House Lane and Page Hall Road. It had a great chippie - see other thread! :D

I lived at 97 Hinde House Lane (just opposite and below the telephone exchange) from being born in 1944 until 1968. My parents were Marjorie and Jim Moore.

I knew a John Bennett who went to Grimesthorpe Reform Chapel BB - met him at the 75th BB reunion a year ago - probably the same one you mention MikeG.

Had friends Philip & Steven Nicholas ( now in Derby) at no 101 and Ian Pinhorn at about 119.

Also a school friend called Alan Greaves whose parents ran the grocery shop at the bottom of Robey Street. I still meet him at Hinde House school reunions.

Used to love playing on Firth Park pond and in the woods making touchburners.

The area was really great when I was young -sadly not the case now !

John

John Ball and Susan Ball at 105 and Julie Hotson at 113 Hinde House Lane I think.

I remember scrumping apples from some trees higher up on Hinde House Lane on the steep part.

An old guy on Willoughby Street was always telling me and John Ball off for something or other. Playing football or making a racket I guess!

Archived