Looking for old friends in the Page Hall area

John Ball and Susan Ball at 105 and Julie Hotson at 113 Hinde House Lane I think.

I remember scrumping apples from some trees higher up on Hinde House Lane on the steep part.

An old guy on Willoughby Street was always telling me and John Ball off for something or other. Playing football or making a racket I guess!

I remember an old guy, lived at top of willoughby st, he used to complain about everything. We used to play football on the little side street behind gpo building.

I remember that side street, there were some garages there! Was it called Robey Street?

Sounds like the same guy. We played football at the top of Willoughby St where it meets Hinde House and he was always coming out complaining whenever we got anywhere near his place!

• 4 weeks later...

hi! i lived on bolsover rd from 1978 till 1996. i remember leanne and darren carter very well as i was in same yr as leanne at school. unfortunately not sure where she is now but last time i saw her she was workin at st catherines nursing home on burngreave rd and lived above shops on fir vale.

I am indeed Richard Grundy. I used to live 2 doors up from Leanne and Darren, before they moved up the hill, across the road from the telephone exchange. I moved to Chapeltown in 1983, and left Owler Brook School then. There used to be a lad lived across the road called Paul I think.

Are you the Richard Grundy that used to be in portering at Middlewood?

If so, we know each other quite well.

i lived on bolsover road until 2001. i rember cardboard sliding in firth park near the donkey hill.

That brings back some memories :D You could get some reyt speed once the grass was flattened. My mate once bet me he could ride my bike down the donkey hill (why's it called that?), he made it to the bottom before cartwheeling over the handlebars, hurting himself and my bike quite badly. I did tell him I thought it was a bad idea but he was having none of it.

He was from Bolsover road actually, his name was Ian. I remember a brother and sister called Marie and Stewart we used to knock about with, and the Dempseys.

This was early to mid 80's, I lived just around the corner on Firth Park Road.

Archived