Weston road school

Hi any one around of WESTERN ROAD SCHOOL 1924/1930

ex pupil DOROTHY MILNES lived ON HEAVYGATE AVE. A MR SHOOTER head teacher Mrs Henderson two names she can remember

went on to sheffield pupil teacher centre leapold st at age 11

started work at J.G. GRAVES WESTEN BANK in office there till she married

she will be 90 in two weeks and it would be nice if we can find anyone who new of her. She had two brothers STAN, LES, FATHER,worked in accounts at bassetts

• 8 months later...

Hi, harmston my sister is 90 and went to Western Rd council school from approx 1926 to 1930. Unfortunately, her memory is now very poor and would not be able to remember your friend Dorothy Milnes. My sister's name was Barbara Hepworth. Could it be possible that this could ring a bell? I remember her saying her head teacher was called Mr Shooter. I started at Western Rd in1930and left aged 11 in 1936 and wonder if any of my classmates are still around: Jack Barrass; Vernon Scragg; Geoffrey Barthorpe; Maisy Hompton Janet Bentall I have lived in Hampshire now for 50 years. Good luck with your search and best wishes to your friend Dorothy. heppy'

HI. HEPPY

will pass your message on to Dorothy tomorrow see if any bells ring ,from neck upwards she is very good .As you see from my 12/06/09 Itried to find anyone for a suprise for her 90 birthday but was not successful further info both STAN & LES where

both older than Dorothy

Archived