Kelham island area

Snakey_B

Another quick question - is the Wellington good? I've been vaguely intending to visit for the past year, but never got round to it!

It's my regular haunt. I like it, always about 8-10 beers with a couple of their home brewed ales at £1.90 (light, hoppy bitters usually).

It's very much an old blokes and tickers pub though :thumbsup:

always looks like an unwelcoming dump to me tbh. walked past it countless times on the way to KIT and never once had the inclination to go in.

It's not bad these days, it's not the dubious karaoke pub it used to be! Why not ignore your preconceptions and pop in for a quick half on the way to KIT and see what you think of the place.

I admit it could do with a sympathetic refurbishment and has a feel of a student house, but the landlord is a really nice friendly bloke and there are up to 4 real ales available. The range of spirits is also pretty good, and there is a busy programme of live music.

Pub website - http://www.theshakespearesheffield.co.uk

The full 'Valley of beer' pub crawl is....

Shakespeare, Ship Inn, Wellington, Hillsborough Hotel, Rawson Spring, New Barrack Tavern, Gardeners Rest (when it reopens), Riverside Cafe Bar, Harlequin, Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Milestone Bar & Restaurant.

The full 'Valley of beer' pub crawl is....

Shakespeare, Ship Inn, Wellington, Hillsborough Hotel, Rawson Spring, New Barrack Tavern, Gardeners Rest (when it reopens), Riverside Cafe Bar, Harlequin, Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Milestone Bar & Restaurant.

Is that walkable ?? I know where the barrack is but where abouts is the rawson spring and gardeners rest ?

Archived