9/11 conspiracy theories

Geoff

Sarcasm will get you nowhere Artisan.

As I have previously demonstrated to you, through PM, evidence of what I do, I'm a little disappointed why you choose to publicly challenge it now????

Silly joke my friend, as you should surely know. :thumbsup:

Surely this has been flogged to death by now.

We are divided into three.

The believers

The unbelievers

The sceptics

All the threads among thinking people seem to be seperated along these lines.

To me that is what makes this such a great site :thumbsup:

Surely this has been flogged to death by now.

We are divided into three.

The believers

The unbelievers

The sceptics

All the threads among thinking people seem to be seperated along these lines.

To me that is what makes this such a great site :thumbsup:

Can't argue with that at all.

Will look tomorrow,along with the tape.

Recap..The planes are off-course,lose contact,transponders turned off..all three planes.And it takes how long to realise that there's a problem?..how long to try to intercept?

Also,I understand that it's a difficult procedure to turn off the transponders,even for the most experienced pilot.

Intercepts; Think about how long it takes to get planes into the air (assuming there are some fuelled and armed) Then they have to fly to catch up with the 'missing' aircraft, and the USA is a BIG place. All that can literally take hours.

That still leaves the teensy problem of what to do with an $80m aircraft, its 220 passengers and 15 crew that has been intercepted. What would you suggest?

Should they shoot down everything that doesn't squawk?

Transponders are one little rotary switch with a flashing light next to it that even you could spot, so thats easy to turn off. I'm not sure if 'glass cockpit' airliners have something more integrated and sophisticated but they all need turning off and on if you think about it :)

As for losing contact. Did you know that all aeroplanes are still able to fly without a radio? ;)

Transponders are one little rotary switch with a flashing light next to it that even you could spot, so thats easy to turn off. I'm not sure if 'glass cockpit' airliners have something more integrated and sophisticated but they all need turning off and on if you think about it :)

As for losing contact. Did you know that all aeroplanes are still able to fly without a radio? ;)

Transponders come in all shapes and sizes but are can be spotted because they have a four digit code on a screen/lcd display/numeric dial. Each transponder has a switch which can be switched from off to standby to on. The standby setting is so that the unit has power and is warmed up but doesn't transit anything. Aircraft which fly along airways in Class A airspace must have a working mode-C (and shortly Mode-S) transponder. A Mode C transponder is one where the altitude data is sent down to ATC. However, these things break, usually because many are very old technology and ATC don't really care much. In the event that a transponder fails then the aircraft obviously has to carry on to its destination, but even at the destination ATC may allow it to still fly further, perhaps so that the unit can be replaced. IModern airliners have two transponders so ATC won't expect one to fail unless there is a bigger problem.

In the event that ATC cannot contact an aircraft and the transponder has stopped working then they might assume it has had an electrical failure and would then expect the aircraft to either carry on exactly as last instructed or to leave the airway and continue visually to another airport.

Here are some images of transponders so that you can see the on/off switches. The hijackers would have turned these on and off hundreds or even thousands of times during their training.

http://www.avionix.com/store/xpndr.html

Apologies if I wasn't clear - that's what I was specifically referring to, the process of turning it off, not a description of the unit. :)

No, I understood what you meant and you were obviously exactly right. There is a flashing light on most units which tells you that a RADAR is interogating your transponder. I was simply providing some evidence so that the "truth seekers" can see that I can back up everything I saw with convincing evidence from reliable sources. The people who produce these conspiracy videos, on the other hand, seem to just deal in idle speculation and make vague suggestions. Of course they will tell you that the evidence disappeared or was confiscated but look that that last audio tape from Archbishop Bowman. Bowman alledges things about how interceptions work and says he was an interceptor pilot but then can only give one anecdotal piece of evidence. If he is an expert on this area then he would be able to produce countless examples and even be able to point people at evidence. Instead Bowman uses one example which can then be easily checked by anyone with internet access to see if he is right - and he isn't! He makes claims in the only statement he makes which contains anything approaching a fact which can be checked and are untrue.

It's actually very, very difficult to intercept a jet unless you have lots of notice.

Would a week be long enough (or would you need to consult the leave chart to check that there weren't too many crew off that week)?

It's a good job that South Yorkshire Police aren't so slow in getting their helicopter in the air or else they'd never catch all those chavs hiding behind garden walls.

It's a good job that South Yorkshire Police aren't so slow in getting their helicopter in the air or else they'd never catch all those chavs hiding behind garden walls.

The police helicopter is used to defend us against Chavs.

The interceptor jets in the US were to defend them against the Russians. There was no system in place to have jets available in case 4 airliners were hijacked within the states and then crashed into buildings. There is a better system now because the have put the same protection in place for the area around Washington.

Archived