9/11 conspiracy theories

Geoff

Hurrah we agree on something, The film was tripe, made by that bufoon Moore. My naming of it was not an endorsement, just an example that the subject has been covered.

Oh and by the way I'm not your pal, pal. ;)

Well, perhaps you should express yourself more clearly if you don't want misunderstandings to arise - I was thinking you were a fan of Moore from what you said :o

And, btw, I'm not your pal, either, so we're agreed on something else... ;)

StarSparkle

Absolutely excellent post, Hanskis - very well said. I can't believe I missed it when you originally posted it.

StarSparkle

Thanks!

To those who think I sound paranoid, I know, but the fact of the matter is that the media IS largely owned by big corporations (or mostly Rupert Murdoch!!), and I personally wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them (ie, not at all). I don't think I'm being watched by the men in black (or aliens, or the government), but I do think that what is read in the media and how events are portrayed, should be taken with a pinch of salt. Thats all. Its not a big conspiracy as such it is just corporations doing what is in their interests, if this coincides with the truth then fantastic, but often I think the two are at odds.

Don't believe everything you read!!

Thanks!

To those who think I sound paranoid, I know, but the fact of the matter is that the media IS largely owned by big corporations (or mostly Rupert Murdoch!!), and I personally wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them (ie, not at all). I don't think I'm being watched by the men in black (or aliens, or the government), but I do think that what is read in the media and how events are portrayed, should be taken with a pinch of salt. Thats all. Its not a big conspiracy as such it is just corporations doing what is in their interests, if this coincides with the truth then fantastic, but often I think the two are at odds.

Don't believe everything you read!!

Or should that be "Don't believe ANYTHING you read on face value" ? :help: Remember - everyone has an agenda and will try to promote that agenda if they can.

Having said that - having thought very carefully about what you've said above, I fully agree with you and endorse what you've said :thumbsup:

StarSparkle

Thefact that news organisations are biased doesn't mean that the nutjobs who invent theories about September the 11th have got it even slightly right either. The various conspiracy theories about that terrible day are easily shown to be utter garbage (read back through the thread) and the only effect that global media organisations really have is in the way that they spin the incompetant way it was all dealt with by people like Bush.

Thefact that news organisations are biased doesn't mean that the nutjobs who invent theories about September the 11th have got it even slightly right either. The various conspiracy theories about that terrible day are easily shown to be utter garbage (read back through the thread) and the only effect that global media organisations really have is in the way that they spin the incompetant way it was all dealt with by people like Bush.

Well said!

:confused: I'm confused now: do you think there has been a cover-up, or not?

I honestly don't know, but I think its unlikely. I was just agreeing with kenH when he said that the conspiracy theorists had probably got it wrong too.

I think what I'm trying to say is that with corporations so powerful in the world today, the fact that the media is largely owned by these powerful bodies probably throws up a certain amount of problems in terms of 'clashes of interests'. After all a corporations primary function is to create wealth for its shareholders, there must be times when accurate and truthful journalism is sacrificed to prevent scandal and loss of profit?

Thats just my opinion though.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived