9/11 conspiracy theories

Geoff

I still don't see the problem. It's an illustration by a BBC artist, not somebody who knows what they are talking about. ;) It's a more than fair representation TBH.

There are no 'sides' as far as the structural mechanics is concerned. The physics is plain to see to anyone who understands buildings. If they then choose not to believe it that's not because the physics is wrong.

And yet we are led to believe that a hijackers' passport survived?

Was it a passport of one of the 6 'hijackers' that's still alive and had nothing to do with 9/11 – wonder if they gave it him back?!

Given that at least 6 of the named hijackers had nothing to do with the whole event, you'd think they might have told us who they actually were.

I find it amazing that people will fight doggedly to back the official version of events without question any of the events that day. Do you really believe everything you're told without coming up with your own conclusions? Are you the same people who believed there was Weapons of Mass Destruction on Iraq that threatened our very existence?!

Flight 93 – that was taken over by all American heroes was it? Do me a favour!

This site is quite interesting (although I'm not taking it all as the truth which I don't think we'll ever know) http://www.911review.com

Far more likely than it landing safely at an airport and none of the passengers being dead.

Oh yes, I agree it's far more likely than that – but not far more likely than it being shot down by F-16s, which might account for its remains being found for miles around?

Oh yes, I agree it's far more likely than that – but not far more likely than it being shot down by F-16s, which might account for its remains being found for miles around?

Perhaps it was, and perhaps the owner of WTC7 did see an insurance scam opportunity when it arose and pulled it. I am not so blinkered as to know that the public will never know the entire story surrounding 9/11, like we will never know everything about the July bombings here. It isn't within the government's best interests to release all their intelligence. However I think the most widespread conspiracy theory, that the US government somehow engineered all these attacks in a somewhat pointless psychological attack on American citizens is just too far fetched. I also firmly believe a plane hit the Pentagon, far too many people saw it happen for it to have been anything else.

wt7...the way that happened was SO neat and precise, i think it is definately worth considering it was pulled down. here is silversteins comments:

“I said, you know, we've had such terrible loss of life. Maybe the smartest thing to do is to pull it.” Mr. McQuillan has stated that by “it,” Mr. Silverstein meant the contingent of firefighters remaining in the building.

yet

Dr. Shyam Sunder, of the National Institutes of Standards and Technology (NIST), which investigated the collapse of WTC 7, is quoted in Popular Mechanics (9/11: Debunking the Myths, March, 2005) as saying: "There was no firefighting in WTC 7."

The FEMA report on the collapses, from May, 2002, also says about the WTC 7 collapse: "no manual firefighting operations were taken by FDNY."

And an article by James Glanz in the New York Times on November 29, 2001 says about WTC 7: "By 11:30 a.m., the fire commander in charge of that area, Assistant Chief Frank Fellini, ordered firefighters away from it for safety reasons."

and to those who dont believe the term 'to pull itl' refers to a demo job check this, in the same documentary as the one silverstein says the above, a worker involved in the operation talks about getting ready to 'pull building 6.'

The good thing with your outlook Twiglet is that you are at least willing to accept that there is a possibility that there are some cover ups surrounding the events that day. The problem I have is that if you consider any element to be untrue then how can you believe 100% anything else you're told?

I once thought that it wasn't a plane that hit the Pentagon but having considered how many eye witnesses there were, it had to have been. That's not to say I believe it was being piloted by who we were told it was being piloted by...

The good thing with your outlook Twiglet is that you are at least willing to accept that there is a possibility that there are some cover ups surrounding the events that day. The problem I have is that if you consider any element to be untrue then how can you believe 100% anything else you're told?

Same goes for the conspiracy theories. A lot of information presented in the video discussed earlier was absolute trash. Some of it was so unbelievably far fetched it sounded like it was coming from someone having total delusions - so why should we believe anything that he says?

Archived