Damons Sheffield

JellyBaby

I wasnt slating it for its food they food was very nice, and i did mention about how unfair it was to charge me nearly double as in original post but they where very determind to charge it me anyway and when it is someones birthday and there is 11 people at your table you dont really wanna spoil the mood so to speak so its not that im averse to complaining quite the opposite actually!!

By Damons having a menu available and this being advertised on said menu constitutes an invitation to buy.

No it doesn't. It constitutes an invitation to treat, which is completely different and the restauraunt has no obligations.

The terms and conditions on the menu clearly stated the age that the childrens menu is available to. Do you think it would be fair if 10 adults came into eat and all ordered off the childrens menu? The restauraunt have the set limits somewhere to make any money.

Jelly baby my comment was in regards to the person/people saying the food was greesy ect.

I sort of do understand where your coming from in regards to wanting a childs meal and to be honest i think if i worked there i would have sorted it so you got a smaller portion to suit your needs however i do have friends who work there and its so strict maybe they couldnt do that im not sure.

Damons has had a bad reputation for years. Why people still go is a mystery to me.

it amazes me!!! over priced frozen food from brakes in a dingy out of date restaurant that always looks like it needs a good clean!!! :loopy:

I love Damons! I always try and persuade my bloke to go there when i'm in Sheff- but then I am easily pleased! lol!

As for the kids meal thing- they should have made an exception when the reason explained. However, I can see their point from a business point of view. If anyone could order off the kids menu they'd end up losing money. I'm sure a lot of 'ladies' would prefer smaller portions- myself included! While it may be 'nice' to offer customers smaller portions for less money, it doesnt make good business sense!

Having said that though- it also doesnt make much business sense for them not to make exceptions to the rule as in Jellybabys case. For the sake of £3 they have alienated a customer, and lost out on any more 'parties' she may have had there in the future!

Did you speak to the manager? I would hope any decent manager would agree. I doubt any young waiter would be willing to make that decision!

I bloody hate the place, but I am a vegetarian so dining there is always a pretty grim experience :gag: I only ever go if anyone else goes for their birthday or something, I never choose to eat there! An exception relly should have been made for you JellyBaby!

I think i'll give it a whirl again soon. I've always loved the place albeit the last few times I have been (few months ago) I though the food had become even more expensive and it was a little too greasy and that standards had dropped.

Archived