Why can't men do the Race For Life for cancer!?

wasn't this for breast cancer? which obvoiusly affects mainly women, i guess if they did one for testicular cancer then it would be men only.

either way - as long as it raised a shed load of money i don't see the problem!!!

W:loopy:ell if men were involved you would have two sheds.

Went down to the race for life today to give the OH and daughter some support and there were 2 blokes walking a staffy through the finish line.

The staffy must have been a girl, she had pink fairy wings on. As soon as i saw them i thought it must be some sort subdued protest about men not being able to do it.

From the race for life website:

(emphasis mine)

http://www.raceforlife.org/allaboutus/yourquestionsanswered/details.asp?catid=4&nsecid=5#24

It appears it is women only because the participants wanted it to be. No good reason at all. The phrase 'unique opportunity for women ... non-competitive and celebratory' is weird. What is so unique about it?

Let's hold a 'men only' charity event and see how fast the feminists swoop :twisted: (only kidding, before anyone starts...)

edits because I clicked submit instead of preview. D'oh!

Its not that the participants want it to be female only but because the organisers want it that way. Do the organisers consult every woman who turns up and ask their opinion?

Whatever way you look at it it is sexist and needs to change.

wasn't this for breast cancer? which obvoiusly affects mainly women, i guess if they did one for testicular cancer then it would be men only.

either way - as long as it raised a shed load of money i don't see the problem!!!

Mainly but not only.

I think we should protest... :suspect:

Well excuse me. I hope you are not putting all men into a category just because of a couple of stupid men giving you a bit of grief. Its ridiculous. So, if men ran The Race For Life, you would be wolf wistled. Don't get rapped up in it because one day when you think some male runners are talking about you or heckling you, and you have a go at them, you are going to look a right prat. Or to be honest, maybe you are going a bit :loopy: and think that all men do this to you all the time.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Does anybody know what the % of the money raised from race for life actually gets used for the work cancer research does, once admin, set up cost ect are taken into account. Does the entry fee cover all the charitys cost for setting up such an event.

Archived