Why can't men do the Race For Life for cancer!?

Race for life is not just for breast cancer. And just think how many people would do the race for life if men were allowed to aswell. It would raise even more money! I do not see any signs of an event that specifically targets men only. So why does Race for Life have to target women only.

because funnily enough, women are the only ones allowed to be sexist. its like car insurance.

It's because you insist on wearing floppy shorts with your bits swinging about - not a pretty sight.

i think youd rather that than me wearing small skintight shorts with my bits flopping about :hihi:

:heyhey:

Why not organise one?

wed get abuse for sexism.

wow, talk about reviving the dead :hihi: just read the dates on the thread :hihi:

I personally think this is sexism that slips through the net by virtue of attaching itself to a 'good cause', which is ridiculous, that doesn't mean it is above any criticism ever. Also, to the poster that said women feel self conscious and often get jeered at when running in public... well I'm a man, I get things shouted at me when I run. Usually it is 'run forest, run', it happens, deal with it. There's an article about the Race for Life being sexist at webbymcwebsite.com

I personally think this is sexism that slips through the net by virtue of attaching itself to a 'good cause', which is ridiculous, that doesn't mean it is above any criticism ever. Also, to the poster that said women feel self conscious and often get jeered at when running in public... well I'm a man, I get things shouted at me when I run. Usually it is 'run forest, run', it happens, deal with it. There's an article about the Race for Life being sexist at webbymcwebsite.com

Yep spot on.

I personally think this is sexism that slips through the net by virtue of attaching itself to a 'good cause', which is ridiculous, that doesn't mean it is above any criticism ever.

I think anyone criticising a charity is an absolute idiot. A huge raging idiot that needs an empathy transplant.

Any organisation that raises money for charity can be seperatist if they wish. Doesn't make one sodding ounce of difference. If you want to raise money for breast cancer go and do it and shut up. But you don't want to raise money. That'd be effort. Sitting on a computer and crapping over everyone else's efforts is much easier, and much more fun.

Do you rage against ex-servicemen when they raise money for Help For Heroes? "I know I've never served in the army, and I know I never went to war, and I know that I never lost a leg by standing on a landmine, but it's not fair that I'm not allowed to walk to the North Pole! Boo hoo.". The Royal British Legion have the audacity to sell poppies, and give the money back to help soldiers - the gits. How dare they?

As for this muck:

There's an article about the Race for Life being sexist at webbymcwebsite.com

Yeah, he's a real genius, that one. You've really picked a spokesman for your 'anti-women rasing money for charity' movement there. Keep up the good work and you might find a more humourless blogger than this foul toad.

First off, men can get breast cancer. I figure we should get that fact out there right at the beginning. Sure it isn't as common, but it happens. Aside from that however, so what if we couldn't get it? Men love boobs more than any other living creature does: we love boobs more than babies love boobs, we love boobs more than Jesus loves boobs and most importantly, we love boobs way more than women love boobs.

You perfectly highlight my point, because it is a charity they are not allowed to be criticised? That is stupid, I am not saying 'let's stop the race for life', I am not saying lets take cancer research uk to court, I am saying lets let more people be involved in it.

Also, the only way your logic about ex-servicemen raising money for wounded soldiers would hold up is if they were restricting entrance to people that had directly suffered from cancer. Which they are not, even if they were this would still be ridiculous since even if you or a relative haven't had it, we all potentially COULD get it, the same isn't true of being shot in a war zone. Since most of us don't go to war zones.

To say I don't want to raise money simply because I dared to criticise an event is just plain daft. As stated, I want to be able to join in raising cash for the biggest cancer charity in the UK in its biggest event. What is wrong with that? The more people that voice their opinions about this and say the same thing, the better chance there is of this happening.

With regards to the blog, it approached it in a daft way which I liked, rather than all the other stuff I read that seems to preach about how men are the ones that suffer sexism in this country now. Which personally I think is utter crap most of the time, this one example shouldn't be used to strengthen that daft argument.

I think anyone criticising a charity is an absolute idiot. A huge raging idiot that needs an empathy transplant.

Just because its a charity doesn't make them right all the time or exempt from criticism.

You might remember a few years ago OXFAM were criticised for handing out aid (i think it was wellies and blankets) at a flooded Glastonbury.

I am not saying lets take cancer research uk to court, I am saying lets let more people be involved in it.

Loads of people are already involved in it. Cancer Research is a huge charity. Race For Life is one event which is aimed at getting women involved, and what's wrong with that? If you want to have a 5-a-side tournament that is only for blokes then go and do it. Give the money to testicular cancer. Nothing stopping you doing that at all.

Loads of people are already involved in it. Cancer Research is a huge charity. Race For Life is one event which is aimed at getting women involved, and what's wrong with that? If you want to have a 5-a-side tournament that is only for blokes then go and do it. Give the money to testicular cancer. Nothing stopping you doing that at all.

More people could be, this would be even better. Especially since the cost of organising and promoting the event wouldn't be that much greater whilst potentially doubling participation and therefore sponsorship.

There's nothing wrong with trying to get one of the sexes involved in something, there is clearly something wrong with it when it is via the exclusion of the other sex, it becomes completely hypocritical.

Also, why did you pick testicular cancer as your example? Cancer is not and should not be a gender issue, it is a human issue. Anything that portrays it as otherwise is potentially harmful IMO.

Either way, we obviously have different opinions on this, I have voiced mine, you have voiced yours (essentially calling me a raging idiot in the process but hey ho), undecided people will read them all and make their own minds up. Job done.

Archived