What are you grateful for in life?

I am grateful for my family and for my health. Im also grateful for my friends and that I live in a country where God willing we have basic ammenities, like water and electricity and dont have to suffer what some people in third world countries do. Putitng the obvious aside I would say that if I really analysed what I am grateful for is coming in from the freezing cold and being able to switch the heating on and get in a nice warm bath and having a nice warm comfortable bed with nice fresh clean sheets on it. Im glad that I can get up in a morning and just switch the kettle on and have a good cup of coffee and then jump in the shower which is nice and warm and dont have to worry about where my next meal is gonna come from.

People in third world countries dont have all this at their disposal, and we do and we need to be glad for this. Its all handed to us on a plate and cause we are so use to it we dont even have a second thought about it, and we take it for granted. LIke the person who started this thread we really really do need to stop and think what our lives would be like without all the creature comforts. We need to look back about 50 - 60 years ago when the second world war was at its peak and look how they had to live. they didnt know if they had a home to go back to when they finished work at the end of the day and they had food rationing etc. At the heart of all this the thing that people had back then was community spirit which is very sadly lacking today. People looked out for other people and didnt ignore people and even though many had little money they helped wherever they could. Its such a shame that in today society that people walk arounds with their noses in the air and dont look at what is going on around them and just think about people living next door to them. Ask yourself if you ever needed the community spirit when and why would you need it. People are too interested in money and possesions to notice what is happening in and around them.:huh:

Archived