What are you grateful for in life?

I have just had extensive work done on my home that left me without most home comforts, living in a terrible amount of dirt, and without basic washing (apart from a sink in the kitchen) and cooking facilities for weeks.

There was no electricity all day and none at all in some areas, and it made me think just how easy life really is for us here and appreciate just how lucky I am.

I thought about the fact that if I had been born somewhere else how much harder my life could have been, and forever not just for a few weeks...I have to say that I found living like that quite a thought provoking and humbling experience.

So what of the little luxuries in life do you take for granted that you are grateful for?

My beautifull kid's and the air in my lung's :)

I am gratefull for the girl I met 40 years ago, we married and have been soul-mates ever since. For the 2 brilliant children we produced and the happiness they give both of us. If I dont live another minute I have had more than my share of happiness. I am gratefull to Mr Edwards, thoracic surgeon and his team at Chesterman NG Hospital. I am now in 'year 2' after major surgery for lung cancer and last but not least, to the guys at MACMILLAN CANCERBACKUP for their emotional support. I can't type any more as I am 'filling up' too much. This thread has made me realise how fortunate I have been.

I am gratefull for the girl I met 40 years ago, we married and have been soul-mates ever since. For the 2 brilliant children we produced and the happiness they give both of us. If I dont live another minute I have had more than my share of happiness. I am gratefull to Mr Edwards, thoracic surgeon and his team at Chesterman NG Hospital. I am now in 'year 2' after major surgery for lung cancer and last but not least, to the guys at MACMILLAN CANCERBACKUP for their emotional support. I can't type any more as I am 'filling up' too much. This thread has made me realise how fortunate I have been.

Bless you...I keep reading the new responses and it makes me realise how fortunate I am too, and almost every response makes me feel grateful for something else :)

At the moment, I'm most grateful for my lovely daddy, and the rest of my family. I went home recently to relieve my mother by spending some special time with my daddy, who has changed beyond belief over the past 14 months due to brain tumours. But the 'new' person that he is, is still as loving and sentimental as ever, and he reminds us all of how lucky we are to have such a lovely family. And I'm more grateful and thankful to God than I ever could express that he is still alive now, and, touch wood, in no major pain yet. Day by day, life is for living and for loving.

• 4 months later...

Archived