Disturbances in city?

Caliden

Scum. I've actually wanted to photograph football violence for a while actually, as to me I think it is the closest we can get in this country to seeing the homosapian species unrestrained by social responsibility, the concept of right and wrong, guilt, morality. In many ways it is fascinating, usually you have to go to war zones for that sort of behaviour.

If it were up to me though I would ban any club whose supporters start violence from playing football in Sheffield for a period of one year. That includes United and Wednesday.

Yes, punish the clubs. Although they are not directly responsible, they have a responsibility to ensure that their fans behave.

If missing games and losing valuable points is at stake, then I am sure many would behave.

However I am sure that many of the people causing the violence aren't even supporters or interested in football. Wasn't that the case with Euro 2000 in France?

The hooligan element of the 70's and 80's who got all loved up on 'e's in the 90's are back - just look at them , 40 years plus, covered in burberry, armani and river island or teenie thugs (juniors) looking up to their hero's.

Don't you just think its sooooo sad.

As for the Police, they know who they are, yet turn a blind eye to it generally - you just watch them react...there's no way they are actively upholding law and order - they seem more keen to just allow the thugs to batter hell out of each other - if so, why don't they just fence off an area of waste ground and let them get at it and then arrest the survivors...radical? Maybe but it works in Holland..

8) Nah Den 2 of hearts.......

I'd say the Blades stadium is superior to the Owls sty to be honest.

Better support? Eh... you live in dream land. :P

Better tradition? Well if that means better at losing, then yes I'll give you that. :lol:

And as regards to your ONE SEASON ONLY response. My prediction is that Sheffield Wednesday will see Division 3 before they get back to Division 1!!!!!

Regards

DaBouncer

Originally posted by Spacehopper

8) Nah Den Ace.........

After looking at both clubs websites, the plain facts speak volumes!!!!!

To reiterate:

Better Stadium: Owls 40k capacity, Blades 30k

Better Support: This season's averages so far - Owls 23k in Div 2, Blades 22k in Div 1.

Better Tradition: Owls - original team in Sheffield, most recent success (League Cup winners 1991, League & FA Cup finalists 1993, Europe 94 compared with Blades play-off and FA Cup semi-finals dalliances) plus more top honours (Owls 4 times top-flight champions, 3 times FA Cup winners, once League Cup champions compared with Blades once top-flight champions, 4 times FA Cup winners). Also, I think the history books will confirm that the Owls have finished in a higher position more times than the Blades.

Of course, pure statistics are by no means the full story. Being a football fan is all about childhood memories, passion and blind faith, it impinges on our day to day life. How on earth can stats measure this? I am always gonna say the Owls are best and DB is always gonna say that the Blades are. So, I guess we'll just have to rely on the facts and figures for now. Especially as they back up my argument, that.........

............THE OWLS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN SHEFFIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Whats the point of a 40k capacity stadium if you can't fill it!

Weren't Sheffield United descended from Sheffield FC, the world's oldest club?

They dont fence off areas in Holland and let people fight, thats nonsense. Ive been to quite a few games over there and the fans are rarely allowed to get near each other due to good policing. You maybe thinking about the occasion in Holland when some people were shot on some waste ground after an arranged meeting.

8) Nah Den Queen of Diamonds......

Yeah what good is 40k if you can't fill it. And it quantity better than quality now?

My dear Spacehopper I suppose if what you were claiming was actually from a Division 1 team or higher I may be upset. Since you're on the road to Division 3 I'm not worried.

If it helps and makes you feel better to 'think' The Parrots (sorry Owls) are better than the Blades. I wont hold it against you. Afetr all what do you have if you don't have dreams eh?

Regards,

DaBouncer.

Please note.. sarcasm runs through this post.. it's just harmless fun

Archived