1930's Sheffield (Thirza Street)

Hello all...

A local history type question, but does anyone know of or lived near or in the old 1930's area of Sheffield called Thirza Street? Apparently it no longer exists. I was wondering because I have a relative that lived at number 41 before an unexploded bomb decided to explode and demolish his house!

Call it a local studies project, but he is very interested to know about your experiences of this area of past Sheffield life and indeed if you know each other!

Either respond directly or by PM.

Regards,

big

• 6 years later...

I was researching on Ancestry yesterday and discovered that my husbands family lived at 41 Thurza Street in 1911 (from the census) perhaps your relative would know them. Their surname was Homer - ring any bells?

It seems Thirza St was in the Kelvin area and had some interesting occupants. I found this page very interesting, http://www.chargeofthelightbrigade.com/allmen/allmenD/allmenD_13LD/davis_r_1108_13LD.html

The Thirza St connection is mentioned towards the bottom .

Also Florence Rawson age 39 Yrs is listed as killed on the 12th Dec 1940 in Thirza St.

Archived