old park school 1947-1950

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to Park. School from 1947-1953 the headmaster was Mr Ellis ,I lived in Stafford Street .I can remember a corner shop opposite the school selling all manor of goodies and drinks .My brother David Wheatcroft went on to Norfolk Secondary School from there.

The corner shop was called brunts, irenee did you know any of my siblings. there was Brenda, margaret, norma, george, christine, desmond, and derek. WE LIVED ON GRANVILLE LANE. near turners hill. Do you remember the millwards, hudsons, shirley and gladys marlow. margaret dodson? Hazel bostik?

Brunts of course .I think one of your siblings was in my class I was born 1942.I remember Millwards .In my class was Pat Mower,Pat Thompson ,Pauline Carr,Brian Hill, ,Betty cosford ,Roy Higginbottom.My grandma lived on Norwich Street I used to go to Norfolkand Park Cinemas and if it was an A film we stood outside and asked adults to take us in.I moved away in 1954 but have happy memories of the area.

I think it would be my sister norma you knew, i remember roy higginbottom, he had a sister called janet, They lived 3 doors away from us on granville lane.Did you know barry and gloria charlesworth? My best friend is pat millward, we still see each other now. usually at parties. but we speak every week on the phone.did you know margaret dodson or janet nixon on glencoe road?

Yes it would be Norma and I remember Gloria Charlesworth and a Derek Millward. Was there someone called Leo .There were prefabs opposite our house and families called Potts and Virgins lived there.We moved from there to Edward Street Flats which was the height of luxury as we had indoor toilet and bath.