old park school 1947-1950

hi, i am one of the farquhar clan, from granville lane. the shop you referred to was brunts they used to sell sasparillos, drinks and sweets. a few yaards further down was a fruit shop , you could buy a lovely apple for a penny. i went to park school from 1942 onwards.

Sorry I dont remember you but here are a few names you might remember: sam & ken ford, lol hathorn,jack oxley clinton morley barry wink jimmy dawson melody beal ,mary chittendon? jean willouby billy walters eric styring terry wilson patrick hull peggy theaker gloria allen valerie mower barbara mower

Hi

I remember Eric Styring, his mother was a dinner lady at the school. have you any Idea what happened to him or how he is now.

• 9 months later...

I realise its an old topic but my dad Roy Higginbottom has just discovered the forum. He had a sister called Joan and lived on Granville Lane at number 85.

People he can remember include the Millwards, Farquars and Hudsons.

He can also remember a lady next door to Shirwins he called Ivory Woman, she had loads of ivory ornaments, although he doesn't know her name.

If anyone remembers him it would be great to hear about old times and how you are now.

hi my mum is margaret (farquhar) the ivory lady was mrs maurer if she lived next to shirwins?. about 6 week ago our derek and norma (farquhar) and myself went to the trades and labour club in duke street, to watch a film about the old park district, including granville lane, as it was and has it is now. is joan in sheffield and do you still live in s2. hope your keeping well. i am margarets daughter and she was pleased to hear you had been on.

Yes he is still in S2, Joan is still in Sheffield but don't see much of her. One of his neighbours went to see the film at trades and labour. My dad can remember the first motorbike and sidecar that your family had (he thinks it was a sunbeam). Can believe where time goes xxx

• 2 years later...

Hello,

My mother is Eileen Connealy, her Gramma and Grandpa lived on Granville Road or Granville Terrace, Sheffield, from the early 1900s to about 1960. They were Mary (Mae) and Martin... Their grandchildren included Mom Eileen, her sister Deirdre, brothers Terry and Kevin... They attended St Marie's School and Church, later the boys moved to the boy's Catholic School.

Their cousin Frances also spent time there, though her branch of the family tree still, I believe, went with the original spelling of the surname, Conneely.

If you, anyone reading this, have memories of these people, please respond. I've been actively researching my family genealogy and stories for several years.

Thank you so much!