Millseys

Originally posted by max

Why do people wear baseball caps for every occasion? They wouldn't wear football boots or golf shoes would they? Or jodphurs (the little boxer excluded) or a parachute harness, either. These are sports accessories for people who partake of sport. However, when worn by people whose idea of sport is supermarket sweep they look naff, imo.

I wear a baseball cap, but only because I can't be arsed styling my hair every day.

(Moved thread to general, not specifically related to Sheffield)

To me Burberry somes up the term 'TOWNIE' I can not stand townies, which is distressing because I quite like the burberry pattern and colours, but dont want to label myself by wearing it. I know I shouldnt care, and generally I dont when it comes to my fashion sense. But ever I was refered to as a townie i think I might just die. Lol :D

I wear baseball caps too, because I like wearing em.

I don't feel I should participate in sport to be allowed to wear one.

In what sport are thery required? Just because they are the same shape as a cap worn in the game of baseball (hence there given name) doesn't mean you could wear one in the game. ACTUAL baseball caps are there for protection as they act as a helmet, in case they get hit by a baseball travelling at close to 100mph.

They aren't required for any form of sport, are just clothing.

Football boots are REQUIRED for football as are shin pads! They protect.

So ner ner ner ner ner Max! :D

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I wear baseball caps too, because I like wearing em.

I don't feel I should participate in sport to be allowed to wear one.

In what sport are thery required? Just because they are the same shape as a cap worn in the game of baseball (hence there given name) doesn't mean you could wear one in the game. ACTUAL baseball caps are there for protection as they act as a helmet, in case they get hit by a baseball travelling at close to 100mph.

They aren't required for any form of sport, are just clothing.

Football boots are REQUIRED for football as are shin pads! They protect.

So ner ner ner ner ner Max! :D

They still look naff.

Fashion is very expensive though. I bought an Adidas sweatshirt from Meadowhall today which was £37. I wanted to tru and buy a decent thick sweatshirt for under £20, but no luck whatsoever. I settled for the adidas one because, although almost double my budget, it was still cheaper than most of the other decent stuff I saw.

Originally posted by max

How often do you see those? Once, I expect, when the person wearing it was going fencing.

Once is MORE than enough thank you very much. Oh the derible image scorched into my tender brain.

Oh the pain... the pain of it all. You DISS my caps, i diss your crappy T's!

Archived