Parsons cross junior school 1965+

Jhibb

Does anyone remember Parsons cross junior school 1965 to 72 it would be good to try and put some detail back in my memory before it becomes too long ago… if any people remember the good times I have a great photo of us learning to swim down at Hillsbrough baths. c.1969

My Brother Mark and I went It was a funny little school.

I attended Parson cross juniors until 1963 when we left birley rise road to live in lodge moor,I remember a couple of teachers,Miss Hunter,a really nice lady and Miss Hill who was rather strict,if memory serves me correctly,my pal whilst there was Steve Cheetham,I cant recall anyone else I'm afraid,but I was only 7 when I left!Regards,Colin Eyre.

I attended Parson cross juniors until 1963 when we left birley rise road to live in lodge moor,I remember a couple of teachers,Miss Hunter,a really nice lady and Miss Hill who was rather strict,if memory serves me correctly,my pal whilst there was Steve Cheetham,I cant recall anyone else I'm afraid,but I was only 7 when I left!Regards,Colin Eyre.

Miss Hunter didn't she have a poodle called Penny ? Mrs Acton Mr Webb Mrs Bryan Mr Mercer was headmaster can't remember who was there before him

Miss Hunter didn't she have a poodle called Penny ? Mrs Acton Mr Webb Mrs Bryan Mr Mercer was headmaster can't remember who was there before him

Quite right,she did have a little white poodle,she also had a cream morris minor with a red soft top,she bought it from my dad.

I remember mrs Acton had a Triumph Herald & Mr Webb lived at Grenoside played tennis & the clarinet ...school vicar was mr Jockell (not sure on the spelling) he had children at the school Deborah & Katherine I think school policeman Mr Cooper also had sons at the school Paul & Adrian

flash back..... it is so funny i am new to this and never thought it would feel so emotional.. i was in school with David.... does anyone remember John Lee (very sad), he was one of our best mates John Hanwel, Chris Ellender, Mick Phillips(good diver) although he was a year below us

Ruth Hague..

I hated Miss Hill she was so mean... Mr Webb what a star.

I remember John Lee he lived just down from the school on Halifax road & yes it was very sad. Do you rememder Gary Hudson he lived on browning road a very frail boy who had heart problems ?? He also died whilst still in junior school .

Archived