Starbucks is the best!

Starbucks is the best .... for expensive dirty water!

If you really like coffee Starcr*ps is the last place to go... One of the best places I've been for a nice coffee is Bragazzi's in Abbeydale Rd, at least on this side on town!

If you really like coffee Starcr*ps is the last place to go... One of the best places I've been for a nice coffee is Bragazzi's in Abbeydale Rd, at least on this side on town!

:thumbsup: if you like to get shot at

Whoa, you sound quite bitterly anti-Starbucks! If I worked for Starbucks I'd be happy. Yes Lady Star, they ARE a business. A successful business does need a certain degree of ruthlessness.

Where is your evidence for these accusations you are throwing at the mighty Starbucks?

To all Starbucks staff reading this - ignore this nasty woman. STARBUCKS FOREVER!

http://uk.yhs.search.yahoo.com/avg/search?fr=yhs-avgb&type=yahoo_avg_hs2-tb-web_uk&tp=tab&i=23&q=%22starbucks%22%22planning+permission%22

Have a scroll through these - they have a long history of this sort of thing, and of course they can make enough money to just shut up shop when the councils cases finally get to court...

Oh - I also like the poster who thought I was a snob - I laughed! I've been accused of some right stuff before, but never that - Thank you!!!

Agreed, his coffee is good - Also Cafe 9 - that stuff makes my head spin, lord only knows what goes into it! Gusto Italiano is the best in the city centre, but not at good as those 2 S7 ones...

Let them know of a unit that is free, and they will move in without any sort of permission (you need permission to change a retail shop into a food/drink shop) and trade there for up to two years before the council finally either give up, or shut them down... Bizarrely this is how they do their business??? I am amazed that their staff are so happy and relaxed, since when companies are so vicious in other parts of their business, how they behave towards their staff is often poor too... At least they can do that right, eh?

Nothing bizarre about that really, no doubt saves time and money if they don't apply for/wait for planning permission. Altough I would have suspected that most Landlords would question why Starbucks were looking to take on a lease for a retailing property, as they aren't exactly an unknown company.

Archived