Starbucks is the best!

Oh dear indeed. This quote gravely echoes some of the things Hitler used to say in some of his pre-war Nazi speeches.

Indeed, it is quite right to compare someone praising Starbucks to speeches made by a fascist as he whipped up anti-semitism and all manner of hatred. Why did I not see the connection for myself?

Many Starbucks shops are closing in the US, while their product is being sold in other establishments, like McDonalds, and the bookshop chain Barnes and Noble. It goes well in a comfortable library with a good book you just bought. Many people who thought it cool to order exotic brews have moved on to something else cooler. It's the American way.

If you're just a 'simple' consumer, and have no vested interest in the company, that makes the propagandist nature of your posts even more disturbing :loopy:

I wasn't comparing you to Hitler. I was comparing the tone of your posts to that of some of his pre-war fascist speeches, which is again disturbing.

I admit I am a fervent supporter of Starbucks, yes. I don't see why it is "disturbing" though. It's not as though I'm starting punch ups in boozers over my preferred brand! You can call it "propagandist" if you want, but the purpose of the thread was to simply praise the men and women of Starbucks. Communists hijacked the thread and turned it into something else entirely.

Yes, Hitler was well known for whipping the crowd into a frenzy with his frenzied diatribes about "Sudetenland frappucinos" his speciality "Anschluss Latte". Seriously, I think your claims are ludicrous. Go to your nearest Starbucks and relax for a while. The dark berry frappucinos are delicious.

oooh, they really are. I thought i'd be adventurous today so had a mango and passion fruit one, that's been pretty much the highlight of my day.

I've not tried one of the mango & passion fruit ones yet actually. Any good? I do love them so!

Can't believe you lot are falling for this wind-up. Ohmyword is one of the forum comedians and is clearly trying to be ironic - why would anyone want to drink this bland American tasteless dross?

If you're just a 'simple' consumer, and have no vested interest in the company, that makes the propagandist nature of your posts even more disturbing :loopy:

I wasn't comparing you to Hitler. I was comparing the tone of your posts to that of some of his pre-war fascist speeches, which is again disturbing.

Some one has something pleasent about a great American chain (god bless America).And you compare it to a fascist speech! ...Maybe you should learn some history

P.S

You lose the argument as soon as you compare anyone to Hitler/Nazi...it`s the rules of the internet :D

I've not tried one of the mango & passion fruit ones yet actually. Any good? I do love them so!

It is really good, think it might be my new favourite. And it has one calorie less than the raspberry one!

Archived