Starbucks is the best!

Can't believe you lot are falling for this wind-up. Ohmyword is one of the forum comedians and is clearly trying to be ironic - why would anyone want to drink this bland American tasteless dross?

Wind-up? No. I'm a genuine Starbucks fan. I am genuinely impressed by the service and the quality there. Why would I (or anyone) try to wind someone up by singing the praises of a particular organisation?

I wasn't aware that I was a comedian. Refer to my previous posts and you will find them (by and large) to be of a serious nature.

As for "trying to be ironic". Sunshine, I don't even get irony! I hate it.

It's a sad situation when simple praise for hard working people gets twisted and made out to be something it is not.

As for people getting wound up. Yeah, losers!

It is really good, think it might be my new favourite. And it has one calorie less than the raspberry one!

I had a raspberry one on Saturday at the Starbucks near the crucible. It was lovely. To be honest, I don't pay attention to the calories. I'm not massively overweight, but I am slightly overweight. I'm not bothered. I love my frappucinos.:thumbsup:

I had a raspberry one on Saturday at the Starbucks near the crucible. It was lovely. To be honest, I don't pay attention to the calories. I'm not massively overweight, but I am slightly overweight. I'm not bothered. I love my frappucinos.:thumbsup:

Have you tryed the java chip cream one mmm soo nice, although im trying to not have as many but think i may be addicted

In the last few weeks I've enjoyed coffee and frappucinos in 4 different Starbucks in Sheffield, including the Fargate one most recently. The staff are among the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Each time, they were second to none. I really don't know how other coffee shops can begin to compete with the brilliance of Starbucks. I always leave the shop with a smile on my face, safe in the knowledge that I've just drank the best coffee around, served by truly delightful people.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK STARBUCKS!:thumbsup:

I prefer cafe rouge but i've seen a few cafe's on eccy road i wanna try, like the one that has a sign saying 'best coffee in sheffield' im curious.

Indeed, it is quite right to compare someone praising Starbucks to speeches made by a fascist as he whipped up anti-semitism and all manner of hatred. Why did I not see the connection for myself?

Some one has something pleasent about a great American chain (god bless America).And you compare it to a fascist speech! ...Maybe you should learn some history

It seems like I'm not the one who needs to lighten up. Are you not familiar with the concept of 'pastiche'?

I can't say I've ever found a company or product that great that I've needed to start a thread on it. We all know Starbucks is there. But I think "superior Starbucks brand" is going a little bit too far.

Exactly. That sound you hear is a nail being hit firmly on the head. That's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Can't believe you lot are falling for this wind-up. Ohmyword is one of the forum comedians and is clearly trying to be ironic - why would anyone want to drink this bland American tasteless dross?
I recently passed through Heathrow on my way from Ireland to Norway and was treated to a sample of what was laughingly called coffee. I think I will continue to enjoy my my bland American tasteless dross even more.

Have you tryed the java chip cream one mmm soo nice, although im trying to not have as many but think i may be addicted

I've not even seen that one! My next visit to the mighty 'Bucks should be interesting. Thanks for the tip off :)

I'm craving one right now actually. Alas, I am here supping my Twinings Infusions (actually splendid for a sunny day). I'm gonna go on a Starbucks crawl one day.

Archived