Did you live in S8 during the 2nd world war?

My son is doing a school project on World War 2. He's 8. He would really like to meet anyone who lived around Meersbrook, Woodseats or Heeley during the war, and who would be willing to answer some simple questions about being a child at that time. He goes to Meersbrook Bank. If you think you might be interested, please conatct us. We would be very grateful!

Thanks very much, Annie and Finn.

Hi violetmeadow

My Mum lived between Abbeydale Road and Heeley Bottom, which I think is classed as Heeley. She was 11 when war broke out and has told me stories about queuing for water, rations, air raid shelters etc. If you send me the questions to my PM I will talk to her and send the answers back to you this week.

My son is doing a school project on World War 2. He's 8. He would really like to meet anyone who lived around Meersbrook, Woodseats or Heeley during the war, and who would be willing to answer some simple questions about being a child at that time. He goes to Meersbrook Bank. If you think you might be interested, please conatct us. We would be very grateful!

There is an A3 sized book called ''Sheffield at War''. In the back is a pull out sheet where every known bomb which fell on Sheffield is marked with a black spot.

If you walk down Woodseats Road/Havercroft Road you can see how accurate it is whereby there are gaps between certain houses, or newer houses which are strangely out of place.

• 5 months later...

Too late now. But I lived at 21 hunstone avenue Meadowhead. remember being under the table all night. My Mom saw a flying bomb (doodle bug) going up Hunstone avenue.. Very high..Landed on the moors holmesfield area, I think?? I was small.. Born 1938.

Pk Cape town

Sorry icant remember name of book but there is shot of what is now club double six after it was bombed and the house on meersbrook park road nr chesterfield road which was also bombed one comment worth making in his essay is generaly speaking where there is road of houses and there are some more modern ones it was due to bombing ie woodseats road granville road etc

Archived