Did you live in S8 during the 2nd world war?

My son is doing a school project on World War 2. He's 8. He would really like to meet anyone who lived around Meersbrook, Woodseats or Heeley during the war, and who would be willing to answer some simple questions about being a child at that time. He goes to Meersbrook Bank. If you think you might be interested, please conatct us. We would be very grateful!

Thanks very much, Annie and Finn.

Bit late for your project!...but i lived at meersbrook as a child on brook rd and went to meersbrook bank aswell during the 80s...Bit of local knoledge which maybe not everyone knowes of about meersbrook during ww2 is the air raid shelters .If you look across to the park oppasite the houses at say between no 1 and 15 brook rd...just behind the railings you can just about make out bits of concrete which were the entrances to the shelters....During the 80s there was some work going on where the field was dug up and the roofs to the shelters collapsed...Myself and my friends being 8 - 9 at the time couldnt resist climbing in to have a look....There was also shelters by where heeley retail park is now.I think the site was a train station up until the 50s...

Archived