Good ideas from SUFC

scottf

Wasn't you allowing Freebies the last 10 or so games?

Not a dig

Wasn't 10, I think it was about 5 or 6 games, but yep you are right. But still overall, we had more paying on the gate, and obviously matchday tickets work out more than season tickets over the course of the season. Both season tickets and matchay tickets are more at Hillsborough. Considerably more last season (prices were shocking). think this is where we could have generated a higher income, but I haven't got the figures to prove.

Anyone know where you can find matchday revenue for clubs? Would be interesting to see for all championship clubs.

Anyone know where you can find matchday revenue for clubs? Would be interesting to see for all championship clubs.

Couldn't find that exact info but did find a few interesting facts from 07/08

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/sports/international/English-Premiership/790.html

"The new economic realities may lead to flat matchday revenues," Jones said. "While attendances continue to hold up well, many clubs have frozen or reduced ticket prices."

The accountancy group's report - based on figures from the 2007/08 season - reveals that total debt among the 20 Premier League clubs hit 3.1 billion pounds in 2007/8 while wage costs surged 23 percent to reach 1.2 billion pounds.

"The more debt you have, the more vulnerable you can be if you suffer a revenue knock-off such as failing to qualify for the Champions League or in the worst scenario relegation," Switzer said.

"Having a higher debt is not helpful in those situations and you have to make sure you have some flexibility, and that places an onus on having flexibility around player wages."

Although wage costs have increased, increased television money ensured that the average wages-to-turnover ratio for Premier League clubs declined slightly (from 63 percent to 62 percent).

Manchester United and Arsenal both paid out less than 50 percent of their income in wages but Chelsea's ratio was 81 percent.

The wages-to-revenue ratio is more of a concern in the second-tier Championship, where the average was 87 percent, with Hull City - who won promotion to the top flight in 2008 - on 124 percent.

That last bit really worried me

If Hull didn't go up they could have gone out of business overnight

You cannot keep a business running paying out £124 for every £100 incoming

Not because its Hull But any club paying too much in wages and transfer fees :huh::loopy:

I can't prove it, it's just what I have heard, but I'm happy to listen to anyone with figures. But it wouldn't surprise me as we have more people paying on the gate (matchday ticket prices are higher), and the season tickets we did sell were higher priced than United's, with no freebies. So I would not be surprised at all.

I've heard you talk rubbish, and i can prove it :hihi::hihi: see above :hihi::hihi:

I can't prove it, it's just what I have heard, but I'm happy to listen to anyone with figures. But it wouldn't surprise me as we have more people paying on the gate (matchday ticket prices are higher), and the season tickets we did sell were higher priced than United's, with no freebies. So I would not be surprised at all.

I very very much doubt that ANY figures will be available- or released by the respective clubs on the gate reciepts- its not even there financial year end so someone (including you) is just talking BS.

Archived