Attercliffe Church

I looked on Wikepedia yesterday as well but nothing about Christ Church specifically is there? I married there in 1961 but I'm ashamed to say I can't tell you much else about it, only that it was always there in my lifetime in Attercliffe. Good luck with your search.

I looked on Wikepedia yesterday as well but nothing about Christ Church specifically is there? I married there in 1961 but I'm ashamed to say I can't tell you much else about it, only that it was always there in my lifetime in Attercliffe. Good luck with your search.

I thought Christchurch Attercliffe was bombed in the blitz of 1940 and totally destroyed ?

Well it was definitely Christ Church when I got married there......complete with cemetary and next to the Roller Skate place (Zion Lane)...hext to a bank and Pierpoints grocers.....perhaps it was rebuilt?

There was one lower down towards Tinsley after the Gobe and before the Pavillion, that was demolished..never knew the name of that one even though the graveyard still existed, Could that have been Christ Church as well.

I KNOW that the one near Pierpoints was Christ Church when I got married in it in 61. I unfortunatley don't still have my marriage lines these days. I'm told that some of it still exists along with the Bank and Pierpoints....building wise anyway.

There was one lower down towards Tinsley after the Gobe and before the Pavillion, that was demolished..never knew the name of that one even though the graveyard still existed, Could that have been Christ Church as well.

I KNOW that the one near Pierpoints was Christ Church when I got married in it in 61. I unfortunatley don't still have my marriage lines these days. I'm told that some of it still exists along with the Bank and Pierpoints....building wise anyway.

I have just checked on a 1950's map,

and there is an area (named Christ Church, C of E) a hall and a Vicarage shown,

but no church building is listed.

The area and the graveyard can be seen here on FlashEarth

m&p

Archived