Cabot Finance?

To cut a long story short.. 6 years ago i had a credit card with Monument.. i got in to difficulty and couldnt pay the montly amount they were asking.. (i kinda ignored it thinking it would go away, i know this was wrong of me but i was only 18 )

Just recently i received letters and phone calls from them, very threatening ones, Today i had a call from tony who works for them saying he wasnt listening to anything i had to say and that he was sending someone to my house (which i rent with my partner and daughter).. He wouldnt accept any monthly payment..

This really frightened me and i didnt know what to say.. can anyone advise on what i can do or help me..

Can they really do this..

You need to go to your local Court and apply for A Stay of the Writ of Fi-Fa. This will remove all powers from the bailiffs. Go see the Citizens Advice Bureau and get them to do you a Financial Statement, showing all your incomings and outgoings. You will need to attend Court for A Stay of the Writ of Fi-Fa, take your Financial Statement with you, and explain your circumstances to the judge (using your Financial Statement as evidence). It will then be decided how much you should pay per month.

Has a County Court judgement been issued.If it hasn't I don't think they can send the bailiffs in.

Have a look one here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=76 .Plenty of good advice on there.

I would double check that, using the link below!

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/debt_basics/bailiff-guide.php

Bear in mind also; Most bailiffs do not have the right to force their way into your home to seize your goods. The only exception is that bailiffs from the Collector of Taxes (Inland Revenue) can get a warrant to force entry, but this is very rare.

All other bailiffs have a right of peaceful entry only. This means that they cannot use force to enter your home, for example, by breaking a window or a door. However, they can enter your property through an open door or window (front and back) and can climb over fences and gates, but cannot break them down. See also ''If a bailiff does gain peaceful entry to my house, what will they do?''

Archived