Cabot Finance?

Forget all the stuff above about going to court etc. These people are not Bailifs otherwise they would have said so and would have paperwork.

What has happened is that this dodgy company has bought your debt for a fraction of what you owe. They will now try to get you to pay about half of it, and then will still make a big profit. They will also try to add all dorts of charges.

The best way to deal with it is to send them a recorded letter pointing out that you have been frightened by them threatening to come and see you and so this is clearly harassment. In this letter you need to also use a form of words where you demand they provide evidence within 12 working days (please google on moneysaving expert and the like for the exact words). Point out that they need to prove the debt and that you will call the police if they turn up at your house.

Then don't admit to anything and wait for court action. If they fail to respond to your letter within the 12 working days then they can't enforce the debt, nor can they if it is too old. You still owe it and will then be able to agree to pay a fraction if they write it off. Don't feel bad about not paying it all as Cabot will have only paid a fraction of the debt to take it over.

would ait also be right in saying that the contract was drawn up with sutchan so co & not the ones that are now chasing you . and also isnt there something that if the card was set up before a certain year, that the T & C's may be wrongly written up

• 1 year later...

hi who ever reads this regarding cabot fin servies.....god am i so fed up with these scumbags.anyone help me.over five years ago i lived down south with my ex wife i left her came home to sheff and in the last 2 n half years ago ive been harrassed by this company. an argos store card was oped in my name and over 2,000 grand was spent on it. payments had been made then stopped few months after i left by all accounts.its got to be her thts done this.ive been fighting to clear my name since.. ive not paid them a penny as this is not my debt as yet

ive been to police with no joy i demanded proof of purchace of the goods not knowing at the time they only get 12 days to do so anyway these documents arrived.few weeks later with prices and refunds but not one item could tell me what the items was just prices. if its not stressin enough loosing my job recently. im at my wits end. ive complied with them so long now they still say its my debt ive tryed to trace my ex with no joy wot can i do now they say they goin to send someone over to see me about payments i told them to go whistle an told them to take me to court i would fight my case in court any free advise would be most accepted got to be something i can do ....... pls reply

If I am right on this ,the card was taken out 6 years ago , have you made payments from the start ? Or when was the last time you made a payment to the card company ? If both are 6 years then I am pretty sure that the monies owed is in fact " statue barred " by law. This in turn means legally you do not need to make payment to the account. Please seek advise that is free of charge from debt line , they are the best to advise you on your legal rights , you can find them by using google search or the phone book

Archived