Boy On A Dolphin Group

PopT

Some years ago I went to see the Sheffield Group Boy on a Dolphin and they were great. I did buy 3 albums of theirs and still play them.

Is the group still together and have released any new albums?

PopT

Saw John Reilly on stage with them and also with his other group, the ' Acoustic Angels' last week.

All still going strong

They play monthly at the Boardwalk (ex- mucky duck),or at least they did when I last looked at the listings stuck up outside.

I also heard they do the Regent in Donny quite often too. Other poster is correct they go under the name of Acoustic Angels"

I used to be a drummer in a group and we shared a gig with BOAD in 1989.

We were a good, tight group but BOAD were in a different league to us.

The Men In Suits had come from London to see them and maybe this is when they secured a recording contract?

John Riley is still working with the Accoustic Angels and they are playing the boardwalk tonight.

Usually Boy On A Dolphin play the city hall around christmas time.

If you google them and get on the website you can apply to go on their mailing list to let you know of all upcoming gigs, I get an email most weeks.

Not my cup of tea but respect the talent of the band. They too nice and perfect for my tastes. Bit like Tesco's background music

Archived