80s Sheffield pubs/clubs

We used to meet up at the Compleat Angler or the one next door to it (can't remember what it was called now), then Mulberry Tavern, Claymore, Old Blue Bell, Stonehouse, Wig and Pen, Pig and Whistle. More often than not ended up in Romeo & Juliets or Josephines. Anybody remember Bloomers, the pub next door to Turn Ups nightclub on Commercial Street?

Yes I remember that place. I used to start off at Marples, then round to the Claymore, across to the Mulberry Tavern, Blue Bell, Dove and Rainbow, then the pub at the back of the Cathedral (wig and Pen?) and then across to the Golden Ball (?) and then up to the Stonehouse, back down to the Blue Bell and back to marples for last orders....OMG I don't know how I drunk so much nor how I paid for it...:hihi:

We used to go in a little bar on High Street on the left hand side as you go up towards Fargate.

Pretty certain it was part of the hotel which is tucked away in there behind the Nat West.

Can't remember the name of the hotel or the bar though?????:help:

Jim

We used to go in a little bar on High Street on the left hand side as you go up towards Fargate.

Pretty certain it was part of the hotel which is tucked away in there behind the Nat West.

Can't remember the name of the hotel or the bar though?????:help:

Jim

I used to work opposite the place you're thinking of in the mid eighties, it was on Mulberry Street and called the Pace Hotel.

Edited by Corn2
addition.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an 80's kid and was always in town ( god knows how I did it on my YTS money but I did) and the pubs i did were called 'Silks', the pig and whistle, legends, crazy daisy, rebels, roxy, the limit, the complete angler oh god i could go out but it brings a tear to my eye reminising!!

We used to go to Michelles in Beauchief - top totty in there. Also regularly attended teh Leadmill - am I right in remembering there were no chairs? Blame the beer! I remember one night S Express (or was that the song) did a spot in there one night and they got all sorts hurled at them.

We used to meet up at the Compleat Angler or the one next door to it (can't remember what it was called now), then Mulberry Tavern, Claymore, Old Blue Bell, Stonehouse, Wig and Pen, Pig and Whistle. More often than not ended up in Romeo & Juliets or Josephines. Anybody remember Bloomers, the pub next door to Turn Ups nightclub on Commercial Street?

All these posts bring back some lovely memories. We used to pub crawl as those exact pubs and then hit Romeos usually. Happy days.

was you following me