80s Sheffield pubs/clubs

Did many a pub and club in the mid-to-late eighties and here are some of my memories:

West End, Glossop Road. Tetley, Tetley Mild and Skol. Upstairs bar open Friday and Saturday nights. Always rammed and they also served that sickly Skol 1080 in bottles.

B-Hive, West Street. Very green with green lights, foliage and even a water feature. All-too-serious bouncers on the doors.

Hornblower, off West Street. Guaranteed one exposed nipple. The lady on the pub's large sign outside flaunted herself! The rear of the pub was done out like a mock, Tudor ship. Other than that it was quite crap.

West Street Hotel. Quite nice around 1988. Stones pub with comfy chairs around the edges. Totally ruined.

Sinatra's - Always thought it was quite chic in here, probably due to the older patrons (more 30s than 20s).

Josephine's - Decent club though a bit too much Luther Vandross. Sheffield's prettiest girls in here and who can forget Jaws on the Doors?! You could get refused entry for not tying your laces the right way round.

Isabella's - White rope lighting around the dance floor and sadly, I was a frequent visitor here around 1986/7. The pub next door only served beer in half pints.

Al-E-Cats - Horrible, hip-hop type dump with chemixed cabbies slobbering over beer and women in the front bar.

The Roxy - Dreadful, nightclub by numbers ghetto. The carpet stuck to your shoes, the place was full of Kevin and Traceys, the smoke machine was overused and it was a pleasant sensation getting out of that place.

Cairo Jax - Take it or leave it kind of club. The door men either let you in or didn't, it being a lottery which way the cards fell. Two dance floors but usually not too bad. Always a fight somewhere and with the sounds of SAW not surprising.

Berlins - Used to go here Sunday evenings at one point. Lord knows why...,

Used to go in the Cannon (downstairs) then over to the Brewery Tap, Complete Angler, then the Blue Ball on the way to the Stone House, Three Tuns, Pig and Whistle and finish up at the Golden Ball on a Sunday to catch the No.7

Most Fridays and Saturdays usually end up in Romeo's

Then I think it was a Tuesday, we used to go to club which would be above where Berlins was but I cant think of the name :huh:

I used to work at the golden ball, until about 1986, then when I used to go drinking uptown used to go to.

Compleat angler

dove and rainbow

bottom three tuns

golden ball

top three tuns

stone house

back to golden ball

I used to go in the Golden Ball only on Sunday nights but I dont think I ever saw any fighting, now the Complete Angler, thats another story :D

There used to be a bit of trouble in the pub and then they idiots would go outside and go up towards the stone house throwing bricks down from where silverstones building was when it was demolished. Proper thickos