Has anyone tried the liquid bandage?

Originally posted by Strix

It'll be more than the cats protection league, DT ;)

If they were to listen to his version of events.

Apparently beagles can die of a bloody toe :roll:

Fergus is the biggest 'wus' around. Even the vet says he has a 'low pain threshold' :roll:

Originally posted by sultana

Once tried something called "new skin", think it might have made by germalene. It worked fine, but when first put it on the cut - it stung like crazy - nearly had to scrape myself off the ceiling. However, I was impressed how long it stayed put.

We went through bottles of New Skin when i worked at Langsett Cycles. Brilliant stuff! Stung like mad at first but once set (about a min) it stayed put for ages :thumbsup:

I hope this new stuff is the same. Better than any plaster IMO :wink:

It's great for minor wounds, it stopped my head bleeding when I split it open a couple of years ago when the Dr in a/e used it.

I think you can get it from the larger Boots. If you get any make sure the wounds clean before using it as you'll seal any germs in. :)

Does it have any dodgy ingredients?

It says it stops pain, but that doesn't mean it has asprin does it? I can't have asprin on open wounds or take it, but it's supposed to increase bleeding so I wouldn't have thought so!

i shall have to take a look next week when I'm off!

Lottie

I saw the advert and think it looks amazing! If I cut myself when I'm out and about (walking/ camping etc) and I don't have any antiseptic, I always spit on the graze/cut/wound etc ..er I do keep up to date with my tetanus jabs though!

i'm going to give it a go this summer, we have a few months of gigs ahead of us and i can end up ripping my fingers open, which is not a problem. but bloodloss like that every night won't do my fingers much good.

i'll let you know how it goes!

x

[perhaps that link shouldn't be clicked by people who dislike blood]see the mess

I'm actually using "new Skin" now, I crushed my finger a few months back and the nail hasn't come of totally, so I can't pull the nail off, but this stuff is sticking it together while it grows out, It seems to work, and deffinatly better than a plaster every day, and it lasts a couple of days then I renew it.It looks like clear nail varnish.

Archived