O2 Academy

bigthanks

I agree with swordfish1, the stalls are better. I haven't been on the balcony, but I have a feeling it will be less cramped but more distant, if you know what I mean.

I went there to see Goo Goo Dolls a while back, and thought the venue was pretty good. It's not that big so I felt closer to the band than gigs I've been to at say the arena. The drinks weren't too badly priced for a music venue (can't remember exact numbers, sorry) and they had some wifi I got onto with my iphone :D

Only complaint was the merchandise I'd bought - the T-shirt was printed inside out! I really wished I'd checked it at the time, but I was too excited about seeing one of my favourite bands.

Hope you have a good time there ;)

I assume stalls mean downstairs on the floor? I've only been to one gig at the academy (Lordi, ruddy excellent) and we were stood at the floor - seemed much better than if you were up on the balcony.

I think the balcony isn't bad (though I've never been on it) looks like a good view and cos the venue isn't massive you are not too far away really.

However the floor was great. Easy to get stood somewhere of the right level of boistrouness and be able to see. TBH I'd got fo rthe floor everytime.

Unless you are really short or anal about being able to see all the stage I guess - however there was miore than one row of people on the balcony so it could still get squashy and not a perfect view unless you are at the front of it.

Floor every time.

Balcony is useless unless you are leaning on the railings at the front. When more than one row of people up there you cannot see the stage at all.

Floor is also a poor view if you happen to be under the balcony areas. This won't be a problem if only an average size crowd.

Working there I would defo suggest the stalls to you as the balcony is actually quite limited view if it's busy whereas the stalls downstairs is obviously much bigger and you can stand further back to avoid the 'crush' and still get a good view with the advantage of being near the bar!! Hope that helps!

Archived