Yorkshire Wildlife Park near Doncaster - Didn't enjoy our visit

Hi... we took our son to yorkshire wildlife park in doncaster yesterday we thought it would be brill for him.... how wrong. it cost us £8.50 each for me and my partner ( under 3's free) we thought it must be good for that price.. how wrong again... there were not many animals at all, most fields either had 1 or 2 animals or none at all! personally i thought it was a bit boring, the best things were the lemurs and meerkats, i thought they would be some really good animals what you wouldn't normaly see...

but nope.. all the usual, goats/horses ect... fair enough there were wallabes ( what u saw of them) ostriches lemurs and meerkats... but still a real let down for the price.

my son played in the play area more... we might aswell have gone 2 graves park which is less than 5 miles away and is free!!

sorry rant over i just got really annoyed as it cost us petrol + £17 in total 2 get in. when it wasn't worth it.:rant:

Hi... we took our son to yorkshire wildlife park in doncaster yesterday we thought it would be brill for him.... how wrong. it cost us £8.50 each for me and my partner ( under 3's free) we thought it must be good for that price.. how wrong again... there were not many animals at all, most fields either had 1 or 2 animals or none at all! personally i thought it was a bit boring, the best things were the lemurs and meerkats, i thought they would be some really good animals what you wouldn't normaly see...

but nope.. all the usual, goats/horses ect... fair enough there were wallabes ( what u saw of them) ostriches lemurs and meerkats... but still a real let down for the price.

my son played in the play area more... we might aswell have gone 2 graves park which is less than 5 miles away and is free!!

sorry rant over i just got really annoyed as it cost us petrol + £17 in total 2 get in. when it wasn't worth it.:rant:

Maybe you should have looked on the website or rang them up for information before you went.

I've actually just returned from a visit to YWP today and was going to post about it and then saw your thread. I was actually extremely impressed, especially considering it is a new attraction and there will be expansion in the future. I thought that the lemur walkthrough experience was fab and was impressed by the enclosures for the other animals as at other places, they seem quite constricted. The contact areas were good as you could experience the animals close up and I saw all of the wallabies today- one complete with a Joey.

I've actually just returned from a visit to YWP today and was going to post about it and then saw your thread. I was actually extremely impressed, especially considering it is a new attraction and there will be expansion in the future. I thought that the lemur walkthrough experience was fab and was impressed by the enclosures for the other animals as at other places, they seem quite constricted. The contact areas were good as you could experience the animals close up and I saw all of the wallabies today- one complete with a Joey.
I went the other week and my kids loved it.And it has only just opened so will be fantastic in the future when they get more animals/attractions,They are getting zebra's as well soon.

I took my girls (7 and 4) a few weeks ago. We were in threre for a few hours and they thought it was brilliant. The staff were great and the kids loved the big slide and the train ride.

They are supposed to be getting more animals next year and adding improvements- but I'd def recommend it for young ones now.

Its frustrating when you make the effort to go out and then its just poor. I felt similar when I made the effort to go to Matlock and could not find anything much open or at least not near anywhere I could park. Ended up buying a sandwich from sainsburys.

I like Sainsbury's sandwiches. Sounds like you planned your day out well....:loopy:

Well from my point of view it was too expensive for whats actually there. Yes my son did enjoy it and it is more for younger ones but its still the parents who have to pay ect... 2 be bored. i wont be returning i would rather spend the bus fare/petrol to go to graves park for free!

im not a tight person but when i get ripped of like that...

And i did look on the website and it looks really appealing thats y we went... maybe they should have got more animals before opening.

oh but they were genrous enough 2 give us 2 leaflets for magna buy one adults ticket get another free!:) so we will be going there shortly... hopefully might enjoy it more than ywp.

We have bought a season pass - it is great to get so close to animals and there is nothing like it in the area. There were plenty of people around yesterday having a really good time, there is a mix of things to do and the food is good. I would say that it is a quality day out that is nowhere near as expensive as other zoos and theme parks.

Archived