Yorkshire Wildlife Park near Doncaster - Didn't enjoy our visit

oh but they were genrous enough 2 give us 2 leaflets for magna buy one adults ticket get another free!:) so we will be going there shortly... hopefully might enjoy it more than ywp.

I would have a read up of the reports about Magna first.:confused::confused::confused:

Well from my point of view it was too expensive for whats actually there. Yes my son did enjoy it and it is more for younger ones but its still the parents who have to pay ect... 2 be bored. i wont be returning i would rather spend the bus fare/petrol to go to graves park for free!

im not a tight person but when i get ripped of like that...

And i did look on the website and it looks really appealing thats y we went... maybe they should have got more animals before opening.

oh but they were genrous enough 2 give us 2 leaflets for magna buy one adults ticket get another free!:) so we will be going there shortly... hopefully might enjoy it more than ywp.

Sadly,for you anyway,the animals are not salaried so are not forced to perform on demand

Well from my point of view it was too expensive for whats actually there. Yes my son did enjoy it and it is more for younger ones but its still the parents who have to pay ect... 2 be bored. i wont be returning i would rather spend the bus fare/petrol to go to graves park for free!

im not a tight person but when i get ripped of like that...

And i did look on the website and it looks really appealing thats y we went... maybe they should have got more animals before opening.

so your kids enjoyed it then,is'nt that what it's all about,as long as kids are enjoying themselves? i take my niece places that are boring for me but if it makes her happy then i'm happy.

maybe they should have got more animals before opening.

with what money :loopy: they open it, to generate an income, to expand..

and as someone else pointed out, if your kid enjoyed it, does it matter so much if you didnt.

I was thinking of going today, Ive looked on the website and I thought it looked quite nice.

It'd just be me and my partner though (no kids) is it worth it, or is it mainly aimed at 6 year olds?

I did think it was a little expensive though we did get free tickets to go back. The lemur experience was terrific, as so were the baby meerkats. But it did seem like it was tacked onto a riding school rather than being there in its own right. My son got to stroke a snake but there was no indication where the snake lived so gave a wrong impression of there being a reptile house. I think it will grow but god knows where all those lions are going to go unless they move the horses.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes the kids do like it but they don't have to pay what a rip off should have introductory prices because of the lack of animals, heard all about the lions but could not see them they were to far away a few meercats and not much else and a bacon butty and a coffee £6.50 well never go again.

After all the excitement of the lions finally being on show we headed oop north to sunny donny. Sadly a lady informed us that they sleep for 20 hours a day and only perk up when fed which is after closing time. Whilst safety is paramount we could have done with the Hubble space telescope to see them in any detail. By contrast the non violent zebras were confined behind a fence more becoming of Rampton. Whilst I wouldn't wish this project to fail, it still seems very much a work in progress.

Yes the kids do like it but they don't have to pay what a rip off should have introductory prices because of the lack of animals, heard all about the lions but could not see them they were to far away a few meercats and not much else and a bacon butty and a coffee £6.50 well never go again.

I went sunday and loved it, would definitely go again, the lions were wandering round their outdoor enclosures and definitely were not too far away, you could see them better than some zoos I have visited, what did you expect them wandering loose round the people:)

There were also meerkats lemurs, wallabies, zebras, llamas, chickens, goats, camels, birds of prey, hogs and racoon dogs, so im trying to work out where the lack of animals is, to me there seems to be plenty. It is a wildlife park and not a zoo, so there will not be as many aninals as at a zoo.

My favourite animals were the meerkats, lions and lemurs. We didnt take any kids, its was 3 adults that went and we all enjoyed it.

Archived