Has anyone on here read The Koran?

No, it does not answer the question.

Are you a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim, or something else you made up yourself?

Deist is a perfectly good answer. If you don't know what it means you could look it up.

It certainly isn't made up. It is a tradition of belief that evolved in Europe from trying to reconcile Christianity with the diversity of beliefs discovered during the Renaissance in particular but not exclusively Confucianism. It is however no more Christian than it is Zoroastrian.

Almost all the important Philosophers of the enlightenment are associated with Deism. Whilst its popularity has declined it is still around. Einstein, for example, is probably best described as a Deist (Ref) and there are plenty of Deist websites.

At end of the Day it dont matter whether u read the Koran,the Bible,the Sun or the Beano.Religion is the cause of so much death and hatred and no one.....NO ONE out of the millions of people on earth can prove that ANY god exsists,be it God,Allah or David Beckham!!

Read whatever "book" u want and believe in whatever garbage someone with a hook for a hand rants about from a street in London,there is NO proof a god exists!!!

Anyone see him in the next few days take a pic.....willl make a fortune!!!

At end of the Day it dont matter whether u read the Koran,the Bible,the Sun or the Beano.Religion is the cause of so much death and hatred and no one.....NO ONE out of the millions of people on earth can prove that ANY god exsists,be it God,Allah or David Beckham!!

Read whatever "book" u want and believe in whatever garbage someone with a hook for a hand rants about from a street in London,there is NO proof a god exists!!!

Anyone see him in the next few days take a pic.....willl make a fortune!!!

The point is faith.

Islam is all about being nice to others. Old hooky and his daft mates are bad muslims.

The point is faith.

Islam is all about being nice to others. Old hooky and his daft mates are bad muslims.

Old hooky as you call him, and I am glad you do because I have forgotten his real name, used to quote the Quran as his authority in the diatribes he delivered. He was very well versed in the Koran and he was a very unpleasant character, so when you say Islam is about being nice to people can you give me the references from the Koran about being nice to people of other faiths, because I haven't seen any and I look to you for enlightenment.

Thanks. :)

Old hooky as you call him, and I am glad you do because I have forgotten his real name, used to quote the Quran as his authority in the diatribes he delivered. He was very well versed in the Koran and he was a very unpleasant character, so when you say Islam is about being nice to people can you give me the references from the Koran about being nice to people of other faiths, because I haven't seen any and I look to you for enlightenment.

enlightenment in this verse, grahame... (for a start)

"And argue not with the people of the Book (Christians and Jews) except by what is best, save such of them as act unjustly. But say: We believe in that which has been revealed to you, and our God and your God is one, and to Him we submit.” (Holy Qur'an surah 29:46)

from the web article "Da'wah or Dialogue":-

The Qur’anic verse 3:63 represents true spirit of Islam in this respect: “O People of the Book, come to an equitable word between us and you that we shall serve none but Allah and that we associate no partners with Him, and that some of us shall not take others for lords besides Allah. But if they turn away, then say: bear witness, we are Muslims” (Holy Qur'an, 3:63)...

...Islam teaches Muslims to live in peace with others, including religious, linguistic, racial or national other. The Qur’anic verses like 5:48 or 4:35 or 22:40 or 30:22 or 6:109 are very important in this respect. In fact the verse 5:48 throws challenge to us to live with plurality of faith and laws and the Qur’anic emphasis is on excelling the other in good deeds and not competing with the other in religious rituals or ways of worshipping. Thus Qur’an accepts diversity as given, as the Will of Allah rather than rejecting it.

For a good Muslim living with diversity in a spirit of tolerance should be a commitment and he/she should fulfil this commitment for pleasure of Allah. A Muslim should also continuously enter into dialogue with wisdom with the other to promote the Will of Allah. Millions of Muslims today live as religious minority in countries of Asia, Africa, North America and elsewhere. Everywhere, whether in majority or minority they should become active agents of promoting better understanding among diverse faith, linguistic, racial or cultural groups.

If Muslims actively involve themselves in fulfilling this duty world will be much better place to live in. Living in peace and harmony is as important a duty as believing in unity of Allah (wahdaniyyah). Tawhid (belief in unity of God) is not only a theological concept but it is also a sociological concept. On sociological level the concept of tawhid results in unity of whole humankind as His creation. Qur’an often addresses humankind as nas (people) bani Adam (children of Adam) which emphasises this sense of human unity. Thus the Qur’anic concept of tawhid is all inclusive concept.

Thus unity and sense of inclusiveness can be promoted only by promoting the spirit of dialogue and spirit of tolerance. It is real spirit of tawhid"

(with grateful thanks to the Milli Gazette)

isnt there a quote aboout respecting other people of the book, meaning other religous people?

isnt there a quote aboout respecting other people of the book, meaning other religous people?

you are correct, Preacherman...

the first verse from the Qur'an in my post (above ) is that very verse:-

"And argue not with the people of the Book except by what is best, save such of them as act unjustly. But say: We believe in that which has been revealed to you, and our God and your God is one, and to Him we submit.” (Holy Qur'an surah 29:46)

Archived