Has anyone on here read The Koran?

enlightenment in this verse, grahame... (for a start)

"And argue not with the people of the Book (Christians and Jews) except by what is best, save such of them as act unjustly. But say: We believe in that which has been revealed to you, and our God and your God is one, and to Him we submit.” (Holy Qur'an surah 29:46) <snip>

This is what I mean PT. All those references you posted tell Christians and Jews not to argue with the book, i.e. the book of Islam, but to submit to Allah.

My question was "What is there in the Koran about being nice to people of other faiths?"

The Koran says you submit to Allah or else. :(

This is what I mean PT. All those references you posted tell Christians and Jews not to argue with the book, i.e. the book of Islam, but to submit to Allah.

My question was "What is there in the Koran about being nice to people of other faiths?"

The Koran says you submit to Allah or else. :(

i read that quote as the 3 religions sharing the same gob by a different name (which is true isnt it), and respecting jews and christians because of this fact.

and can you tell us whats nice about the old testament? i could be a preacher and talk about plagues and smiting and people would question christianity..

i read that quote as the 3 religions sharing the same gob by a different name (which is true isnt it), and respecting jews and christians because of this fact.

and can you tell us whats nice about the old testament? i could be a preacher and talk about plagues and smiting and people would question christianity..

You raise a couple of points Preacher man and I will go into the detail of why Allah is not the same God as the God of Christians and Jews at a later date if you wish.

To answer your question about the Old Testament there is much in it that is both nice and not so nice and if you study the Koran carefully you will find that Islam contains much of the Old Testament teaching i.e. an eye for an eye etc.

As a Christian I follow the teaching of Jesus Christ who told us to love our neighbour and even went so far as to tell us to love our enemy. This is a far cry from Islam that is very harsh both to its own people and as for those who refuse to submit to Allah they talk about slaying us. :(

I don't see the point in reading any holy book that is open to such a ridiculously vast range of interpretations.

If I read an organic farmhouse cookbook, and it tells me rear livestock with respect, thats what I do. I don't throw stones at it and accuse them of being a whore.

EDIT: I have actually read parts of the Qu'ran, but gave up in favour of "THE NON LEAGUE

FOOTBALL GROUNDS OF GREAT BRITAIN", which is a homage to my own personal religion.

As a Christian I follow the teaching of Jesus Christ who told us to love our neighbour and even went so far as to tell us to love our enemy. This is a far cry from Islam that is very harsh both to its own people and as for those who refuse to submit to Allah they talk about slaying us. :(

1. What if my neighbour is Peter Sutcliffe. Or Paris Hilton?

2. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the bible suggest that any non-believers or heretics will burn in the fires of hell? If not, the Catholic Church certainly made a few groats from the ignorant masses over the years using this pretence.

have you actually read the quoran graheme? and i mean a decent version, not off some christina website or publication with a biased view?

There is only one Quran isn't there? I read the one that Andrew posted a URL to and I have downloaded it in ebook form to my computer.

1. What if my neighbour is Peter Sutcliffe. Or Paris Hilton?

2. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the bible suggest that any non-believers or heretics will burn in the fires of hell? If not, the Catholic Church certainly made a few groats from the ignorant masses over the years using this pretence.

You have to love them, and for me Hell is where God is absent.

You raise a couple of points Preacher man and I will go into the detail of why Allah is not the same God as the God of Christians and Jews at a later date if you wish.

To answer your question about the Old Testament there is much in it that is both nice and not so nice and if you study the Koran carefully you will find that Islam contains much of the Old Testament teaching i.e. an eye for an eye etc.

I have already explained about how the "Allah" of Islam, and the "Ellel" of the Jews and , Christians are the same. which bit of my explanation could you not read for your blinkers?

WRT your second paragraph:- What "harshness" toward non Muslims? Under Islam, non-muslims were protected, by laws against interference.

They were protected against forcible conversion. (look, in comparison, at the Inquisition, or the massacre of Jews in York in the C13 or comapre it with the Crusades, where the "christians" were guilty of indiscriminate slaughter, of Muslim, Jew and even their fellow Christian)

Archived