Has anyone on here read The Koran?

Some quranic verses to have a read of.

2.99, 2.121, 2.171, 3.48 ,5.53, 8.55, 9.28, 9.30, 98.6

Draw your own conclusions.

2.99 Verily We have revealed unto thee clear tokens, and only miscreants will disbelieve in them.

2.121 Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

2.171 The likeness of those who disbelieve (in relation to the messenger) is as the likeness of one who calleth unto that which heareth naught except a shout and cry. Deaf, dumb, blind, therefore they have no sense.

3.48 And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel,

5.53 Then will the believers say (unto the people of the Scripture): are these they who swore by Allah their most binding oaths that they were surely with you? Their works have failed, and they have become the losers.

8.55 Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.

9.28 O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.

9.30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

98.6 Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings.

(Ref)

These seem relatively innocuous to me. :huh:

2.99 Verily We have revealed unto thee clear tokens, and only miscreants will disbelieve in them.

2.121 Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

2.171 The likeness of those who disbelieve (in relation to the messenger) is as the likeness of one who calleth unto that which heareth naught except a shout and cry. Deaf, dumb, blind, therefore they have no sense.

3.48 And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel,

5.53 Then will the believers say (unto the people of the Scripture): are these they who swore by Allah their most binding oaths that they were surely with you? Their works have failed, and they have become the losers.

8.55 Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.

9.28 O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise.

9.30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!

98.6 Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in fire of hell. They are the worst of created beings.

(Ref)

These seem relatively innocuous to me. :huh:

When you've as much froth around the mouth as andrewchase you could probably read it as being the end of civilisation....

Isn't it time we stopped respecting the religious views of others?

Yup.

I don't expect any respect for what I do or don't believe, but as soon as something thinks magic faireys are real they demand respect and the lefties all pile in and play the intollerance card if you don't support the muslims "right" to murder homosexuals because mohammed said you should.

As with all religious quotations two words spring to mind, mumbo and jumbo. You can read the Koran or the Bible and come to the same conclusion. Isn't it time we stopped respecting the religious views of others?

Depends what you mean. I am an atheist and think all religions are "mumbo jumbo". Disrespect is however a very bad way to go about changing anyones mind.

Yup.

I don't expect any respect for what I do or don't believe, but as soon as something thinks magic faireys are real they demand respect and the lefties all pile in and play the intollerance card if you don't support the muslims "right" to murder homosexuals because mohammed said you should.

You're really scraping the bottom of the cliche barrel now - and inventing 'all the lefties piling in' if you don't support 'the muslims right to murder homosexuals' is another sign that you've nothing sensible to contribute.

Have you ever actually seen a 'lefty' post in support of the right to muder homosexuals?

Of course you haven't, you're making it up.

Yup.

Muslims have no right to murder homosexuals, neither does a Christian or an atheist.

The point is Muslims don't want to murder homosexuals, and there are many Muslim homosexuals to prove the point.

You're really scraping the bottom of the cliche barrel now - and inventing 'all the lefties piling in' if you don't support 'the muslims right to murder homosexuals' is another sign that you've nothing sensible to contribute.

Have you ever actually seen a 'lefty' post in support of the right to muder homosexuals?

Of course you haven't, you're making it up.

Islam mandates the murder of homosexuals. If you support islam as a valid way of living them you support killing gays.

Muslims have no right to murder homosexuals, neither does a Christian or an atheist.

The point is Muslims don't want to murder homosexuals, and there are many Muslim homosexuals to prove the point.

Could you quote relevant modern leading muslims on this point (al azhar sheiks) ?

Archived