Has anyone on here read The Koran?

Do you think I am happy with so-called Christians who do stupid things? Of course I am not.

You will have to explain to me why Muslims do not keep the Koran.

Why do you seem to think I am muslim, is it because I defend them? If there was someone on here preaching predjuce, fear, and hate and they were Muslim I would criticize them as well. I see extreme muslim fundimentalist as different sides of the same coin as the far right, both abhorent. But I cannot judge around a billion people by the sins of an evil few.

Now can you please answer this question, do you do literally everything requested of you by the New Testiment? Or do you go by an interpretation of the New Testiment?

No you shouldn't be tolerant of stoning.

But stoning isn't a basic tenet of Islam (it isn't mentioned in the Koran), any more than it is any other religion that includes Deuteronomy and Leviticus in their religious scripture. Very few countries include stoning as a penalty and of those very few ever carry it out.

Criticise the Hadith and you will find the majority of Muslims can support you. Criticise the religion and you alienate them and create barriers.

Right but the thing is, it happens in the name of Islam and their elders? approve of it.

Why do you seem to think I am muslim, is it because I defend them? If there was someone on here preaching predjuce, fear, and hate and they were Muslim I would criticize them as well. I see extreme muslim fundimentalist as different sides of the same coin as the far right, both abhorent. But I cannot judge around a billion people by the sins of an evil few.

Now can you please answer this question, do you do literally everything requested of you by the New Testiment? Or do you go by an interpretation of the New Testiment?

When it comes to living the everyday practical Christian life there isn't much to it and most people do the same as me. I'm not dishonest, I do a good days work, I try to help people, there isn't much to interpret really and as far as that is concerned I am no different from anyone else.

This isn't what the Christian message is about, it is about coming to a realisation that I am a sinner in the sight of God, and to confess my sins, to ask forgiveness and to let Jesus Christ into my heart and life so that hopefully in my everyday life people will see the love of Jesus in me and shining through me and reaching out to others. :)

When it comes to living the everyday practical Christian life there isn't much to it and most people do the same as me. I'm not dishonest, I do a good days work, I try to help people, there isn't much to interpret really and as far as that is concerned I am no different from anyone else.

This isn't what the Christian message is about, it is about coming to a realisation that I am a sinner in the sight of God, and to confess my sins, to ask forgiveness and to let Jesus Christ into my heart and life so that hopefully in my everyday life people will see the love of Jesus in me and shining through me and reaching out to others. :)

I am sorry but on this thread, you are not coming across that way.

By reading the above I would guess then that you go by an interpretation of the New Testiment, but I do not want to guess. I want you to confirm if you do you literally do everything asked of you by the New Testiment or do you go an interpretation of the New Testiment?

By reading the above I would guess then that you go by an interpretation of the New Testiment, but I do not want to guess. I want you to confirm if you do you literally do everything asked of you by the New Testiment or do you go an interpretation of the New Testiment?

Why do I sense a trick question?

As far as I am aware I follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. Why have you got some specific examples you would like to put in front of me?

Why do I sense a trick question?

As far as I am aware I follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. Why have you got some specific examples you would like to put in front of me?

No trick question, well not a bad one. There is no way you could do all that is asked of you by the New Testiment, you go by an interpretation of it. What I am trying to say is that you are like the vast majority of people who follow religion, including muslims. You asked:

By this I think you meant you were asking why do some muslims not follow the Koran to the letter, well the answer for them is probably the same reason you do not follow the New Testiment to the letter.

No trick question, well not a bad one. There is no way you could do all that is asked of you by the New Testiment, you go by an interpretation of it. What I am trying to say is that you are like the vast majority of people who follow religion, including muslims.
You asked:

By this I think you meant you were asking why do some muslims not follow the Koran to the letter, well the answer for them is probably the same reason you do not follow the New Testiment to the letter.

I think I do follow the New Testament, I certainly go the second mile and do over and above what is expected of me.

To me the two religions are so very very different.

Archived